Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I bought this game, drat you.

I keep restarting as I learn new things which inevitably lead me to conclude that my current setup is woefully inefficient. I feel like that's probably normal? Does Iron continue being a ridiculous bottleneck forever, because I'm getting to the point where one belt just isn't enough.... or I have way too many diverters on it and the constant halving means things downstream just don't get enough. Does this mean I should use power switches to turn off production lines I don't need right now so it can continue downstream? And do diverters work "in reverse"? Can I put two input streams in and extend only one output and it'll merge them, or is there something to do that later?

I don't like what this is doing to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Cheers guys. I've made progress in expanding my understanding of the game, but I'm waiting for a few things to be covered in the LP before playing too hard with them. Like Uranium and its associated mess, and logistics, and trains. I know there's a bunch of stuff on the wiki and such, but that's such a dense block of information, it's been much easier understanding things from the LP. I've gotten red/green/blue/black science up and running, but I've hit a power (steam doesn't cut it no more) and space (can't physically jam any more conveyors in) wall, so I'm just messing around refining my standard templates for constructing research, smelting and construction areas to be as space-efficient (yet infinitely expandable) as possible. Part of me wishes this game had a Wii U/Switch version so I could draw all over the map.

No, I don't know why I'm like this.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Veloxyll posted:

Multiple locomitoves in your pants

I'm just happy to see you.

*train falls out of pants leg.*

• Locked thread