Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Thotimx posted:

Initially I throw this up: another power switch that will shut off the refinery if crude reaches a minimal level, arbitrarily set at 500 here. Note that I can't connect the network to the refinery itself directly. This will work, but isn't optimal. When supply gets down to that level, it will be constantly shutting off and on. What would be better is to have it shut off at 500, then restart at say 5k. Then it would run for a while, turn off when supply is too low, then turn on when it's got enough to do another burst of activity.

Actually making that happen is a bit more complicated. After spending far too much time and not being able to make it work, I decided to move on. I know it can be done, but my brain isn't connecting the dots on how to accomplish it. So I'll stick at simply an on/off at 500 crude here. Added another storage tank of each type while I was at it; petroleum gas is more than half full at 14k+, the others close to half at over 11k. Don't want to run out of space.

I have never played Factorio, but I think this should work:
2 deciders linked to the crude storage. One outputs 1 if crude is over 500, the other if crude is over 5k
Edit: thus you have a total value of 0 under 500, 1 between 500 and 5k, 2 over 5k

One arithmetic combinator to sum the outputs of the former deciders and the output of the next decider
One decider that takes the output of the preceding arithmetic and outputs 1 if the sum is >= 2

This way if crude is under 500 the sum is at most 1 shutting the refinery down and if it's over 5k the sum is at least 2 starting it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread