Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

chiasaur11 posted:

Basically, it's cooler to force a dude to murder you than it is to just commit suicide because you lost a card game.

it wasn't just losing a card game, it was losing mokuba...which kaiba should have maybe explained but kaiba isn't the best at actually like, explaining himself to other people (other then mokuba i guess)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Why kaiba would make it a feature where youd throw and catch a heavy disc filled with hologram tech yet remains a mystery.

They were so he could avoid making eye contact with Pegasus's Millennium Eye.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I mean, on one level I understand how a competitive race is going to end on a conventional track.

On the other hand, who doesn't love Rainbow Road?

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

it wasn't just losing a card game, it was losing mokuba...which kaiba should have maybe explained but kaiba isn't the best at actually like, explaining himself to other people (other then mokuba i guess)

This is the thing that separates Kaiba and Jack for me, at least in terms of their early characterization. Kaiba is doing this crazy-rear end gamble that puts his own life on the line specifically in order to save his brother from being kidnapped by an eccentric businessman. Jack attempts to murder someone younger than him so that he can steal his best friend's motorcycle and cards because he thinks he deserves to be rich more than anyone else in the Satellite. Does he improve later? Sure. But that's a bad first impression.

Glazius posted:

I mean, on one level I understand how a competitive race is going to end on a conventional track.

On the other hand, who doesn't love Rainbow Road?

This probably happens in one of the 5D's DS games but the race between Jack and Yusei at the end of season 1 is super Rainbow Road, as they create a wormhole that sends them into space to see into the past and learn about their destinies. We could have had so much more in this game!!!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ChorpSaway posted:

This is the thing that separates Kaiba and Jack for me, at least in terms of their early characterization. Kaiba is doing this crazy-rear end gamble that puts his own life on the line specifically in order to save his brother from being kidnapped by an eccentric businessman. Jack attempts to murder someone younger than him so that he can steal his best friend's motorcycle and cards because he thinks he deserves to be rich more than anyone else in the Satellite. Does he improve later? Sure. But that's a bad first impression.

Yeah, except the "early" in the original there happens after Kaiba:

1) stole Yugi's grandfather's card
2) beat said grandfather to the point of sending him to the hospital
3) broke said card, thus gaining nothing from this
4) had to get his brain shattered to be able to actually stop being an rear end in a top hat

And that's not even counting all the poo poo he did in the manga.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeah, except the "early" in the original there happens after Kaiba:

1) stole Yugi's grandfather's card
2) beat said grandfather to the point of sending him to the hospital
3) broke said card, thus gaining nothing from this
4) had to get his brain shattered to be able to actually stop being an rear end in a top hat

And that's not even counting all the poo poo he did in the manga.

#2 is slander, but you got me with the other ones. Anyways I don't think we need to have a fight if you like Jack more than Kaiba, all the rivals are good throughout the franchise. In fact, I'd argue that they're the only redeeming characters in ZeXal.
Yu-Gi-Oh! is good, y'all.

ChorpSaway fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 16, 2017

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: FINAL UPDATE TIME! :siren:

For the final video, we're racing into the future and taking on the final challenge of the game: the Grand Prix mode! Now facing off against seven other racers, we're going to need to pull out all the stops in order to get ahead of the chaos! For this challenge, we've brought TheJayOfSpade back to talk about further ideas on what the 5 Ds stand for, other Yu-Gi-Oh! video game appearances, and more!

Thanks for watching! Gonna take a couple weeks off but I should be back before the end of the year with a new LP project. Hope to see you all then, and remember to always take care of your bike as well as you take care of your deck!

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
You finished! What power! You were completely overwhelming, Chorps!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dragón Blanco de Ojos Azules.

Also, I really think that the chaos helped the game look a lot more fun, as did Survival. Turning this weird thing into YGO F-Zero seemed like the right way to go for a sequel, had it ever happened. Too bad the game doesn't really use its cool mechanics in the story mode, maybe it would've been popular enough to get a sequel.

Thanks for showing us this game, ChorpSaway. Now I know what it is: an interesting idea that was unimpressively used.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...is Jack Atlas the only one who named his bike? That seems super-weird.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
how did this game have 11 designers on it

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Glazius posted:

...is Jack Atlas the only one who named his bike? That seems super-weird.

No, see my post on page one of the thread.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

End of the World is a Ritual Spell, and the monster it summons can wipe the board, but the card Jack uses is End of the Storm, which I don't think was ever printed because Speed Spells are the least marketable series gimmick they've ever come up with. :v: It's different from Dark Hole in that it does a bit of burn damage, and Jack uses it over that because he used it in the anime.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hey Chorps, you seein' this? https://gematsu.com/2017/12/gungrave-gore-development-ps4

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

I JUST DID. Gungrave is back, baby!!!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Gungrave Vr

Cant wait to look like a total dork doing the grave pose with my VR controllers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Demand a Chorps-cam for the GGVR LP.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I assume G.O.R.E is the Galactic Organisation for Rifle Eppreciation.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
also, over the weekend I watched Re:Creators on the strength of your mixed praise for it on a podcast six months ago and I love it

The success rate of "shows I watch because of Cocoa Disaster and end up loving" is amazingly high so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
You guys are hilarious

• Locked thread