Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How faithful is this a parody of Making a Murderer? I haven't seen it and I'm wondering if I should first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Only through the first two but the handjob simulation holy poo poo. Also, I read some IGN review that was like "this isn't a comedy but" and I must heartily disagree.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I like how social media became a panopticon of sorts and they were able to piece together information because everything had been exhaustively documented. The gathering of evidence seemed very organic and didn't stretch belief.

Soooooo glad social media didn't exist when I was in high school.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They also seemed pretty plugged in to what social media kids actually use, as opposed to making up a bunch of fake social media brands and having 32-year-olds playing teenagers get caught using Tweetface. That's the first time I've ever seen Twitch or game streaming used as a plot point.

I'm old as hell and don't know poo poo about kids these days, but the show seemed very authentic.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

My favorite was "a Google search produced a number of memes to back this up" in reference to "heyy".

Both hilarious and "yeah, that's probably how it would go down irl"

• Locked thread