Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
I was told to join so I'm here hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Podima posted:

:siren: Tyrannosaurus, please turn PMs on or give me an alternate way of sending you your role PM ASAP. Thank you![/b]

I don't see a discord link in the op. It looks like I lost pms when I got toxx banned. It also looks like SA won't accept me card to put it again.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
I like fruit and I will ##vote QuoProQuid thank you

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Thranguy is mad because I'm going to beat him in megabrawl shocker

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
I thought town had to kill someone every turn tbh

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Go gently caress yourself how about that

##vote b-minus1

Bless

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Lol

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
We got either a jailkeeper and a backup or a cop and a doctor.

If there's a cop, the game is over. They should let us know who they've investigated. The doctor can quietly protect them. And the town will win once we've widdeled this down.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
It cuts 7 down to five. Plus the doctor who can reveal themselves if poo poo goes bad which would take it down to four.

Even with a cop thats revealed, the mafia would still have to randomly guess and kill the doctor. Which gives the town at least two turns plus the cop revealing more people as safe or finding the last mafia.

Better than the mafia getting lucky and killing the cop by random chance.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

QuoProQuid posted:

Absolutely not.

##vote: T-Rex

##vote QuoProQuid

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
No, but if someone claims the cop erroneously then that means one of two things:

1) The real cop shows up. We now know its one of two people and we kill them sequentially. Town wins.
2) There is no real cop. We're playing with a jailkeeper who can reveal themselves. Town wins.

If the real cops claims and mafia fakeclaims jailkeeper, we still have it down to two people and we kill them sequentially. Town wins.

This only works because we managed to kill mafia on day 1

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
votes for mafia, is mafia

Brilliant deductions everybody you got me

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Just kill me. You're all loving stupid.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Exmond posted:

Ill Hammer in 3 hours i guess?

Why wait? Do it now you little bitch boy. loving do it. Do it.

I'm sorry none of you understand "math." Jesus your world's must be frightening places to live in what being filled with devilry and witchcraft.

As I will not live to see the morning, I am compelled to tell the cop--who I know for a fact exists-- do not reveal yourself next round. There won't be a doctor to protect you. I don't want to give too much away before the axe drops but..

I A M T H E D O C T O R

It's been real, guys. Real dumb.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
For the record, it doesn't work as great anymore because I had to reveal myself. But here goes.

There are seven us. A random lynching gave us a 1 in 7 chance of getting it correct. If the cop had revealed both themself and the the person they investigated then that number drops to 1 in 5. Which is better than 1 in 7. The doctor, myself, could quietly protect the cop from being killed each night.

In the event that today we tried to lynch the doctor, which we did, I could reveal myself and then the number of possible candidates drops to 1 in 4. We know that the mafia would kill me because that's the only way to eventually get to the cop. But next turn, the cop would have investigated someone else and then we're down to 1 in 3 with three remaining players we know who are 100% not the mafia. We lynch. IF we're wrong, the mafia kills the cop. But now we have a 50/50 shot of killing the mafia on the next turn. Just by pure chance.

1/2 > 1/7

Math

It's a strategy where we knowingly sacrifice ourselves for the greater good. Also, the situation above is literally the worst case scenario. If you guys didn't try to lynch me in the first round post-reveal then I can continue to protect the cop until the mafia gets lucky. And the mafia would be stuck between picking off the people he knows are town and trying to find me.

Again, it doesn't super work anymore. It also doesn't work if the cop decided to investigate Sebmojo since he was killed.

If the cop investigated Sebmojo, they should not reveal. Otherwise, they still could. It's just not as smart.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
If the mafia kills the person the person the cop is investigating it still lowers the total number of people that could be mafia for us to lynch.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Like...

Under the reveal strategy
If the mafia doesn't kill me tonight and decides to kill someone else, there is a 100% chance they won't kill the cop. They can't. Even if the cop and the mafia aim for the same person, the number of people who could be the mafia goes down.

But I guess farting accusations into the wind is cool too

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Exmond posted:

Who did you choose to protect turn 1.

The person I think is the cop

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Here's how you prove I'm not telling the truth:

1) Someone claims to be the doctor
2) Someone claims to be the jailer

No one will. Because

t h e y a r e n t

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Sitting Here posted:

If we assume trex is telling the truth...would it work out, mathematically, to lynch someone who knows they're innocent/useless? And then have the cop reveal? We know the mafia would probably take out the doctor tonight, but that would narrow it down a whole lot, right?

if that works I volunteer for slaughter

if not i'll shut up b/c i'm still learning about this game :unsmith:

It depends on if the cop investigated Sebmojo. If the cop investigated literally anyone else then we know 3 out of the 7 remaining players are in the clear. and can work accordingly.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
##vote Exmond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Goodnight brave adventurer

• Locked thread