Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I used to watch this show all the time in the 90s, when it was one of those shows that seemed to be rerun endlessly. I'm really curious about the version with no laugh track, I might have to track it down and watch the whole thing through - which I've never actually done; I never actually sat down to watch it, it was just one of those shows I'd always watch if I caught it. I don't know if they even showed every episode in sequence or just put them on in whatever order they felt like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

precision posted:

He's also a cool guy

Alan Alda posted:

I still don't like the word agnostic. It's too fancy. I'm simply not a believer. But, as simple as this notion is, it confuses some people. Someone wrote a Wikipedia entry about me, identifying me as an atheist because I'd said in a book I wrote that I wasn't a believer. I guess in a world uncomfortable with uncertainty, an unbeliever must be an atheist, and possibly an infidel.
How is that cool? He sounds like a wanker. "Someone said I was an atheist just because it's literally true, but I don't like that word, or the other word that's commonly used to mean the exact same thing, so I'm denying that either term applies to me." An unbeliever is an atheist, that is the definition of the word. If anyone's confused it's because he's making it confusing.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

precision posted:

I don't think anybody in the world wants to read yet another argument about whether agnostics are a subset of atheists. It's such pedantry, and besides that, it's useful to have one term that means "I don't know if there's a god or not" and another term that means "I am sure there is no god".

It's not even about that though because he said he doesn't want to be called either term. Like, he's too special to use ordinary words that everyone understands.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

I still love that 30 Rock had a joke about the mash finale that was perfect in everyway

Well, don't tell us what it was or we might be able to enjoy it too.

• Locked thread