Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
MASH was a beautiful series and has an eternal place in my heart being a series me and my mum watched together when she was ill.

The show did so many clever things even if it gets called out for being overly sentimental toward the later half of it's run and to this day I want a door in my house to be made to look like the door to the Swamp.

More and more it feels ahead of its time, setting a standard for balancing humour and drama but also expressing an unrelenting disdain formula. The experimental episodes are all well worth a watch (the one about dreams, the documentary, the 'real time' and numerous more simple format shifts like the various letters home). Some are maybe a bit on the nose (I'm looking at you, dream episode) but I think that back then this was actually very brave story telling that is harder to appreciate now that so many series do these 'off-format' episodes. Ones to watch are (and sorry I don't have the episode names) Dr. Sydney writing a letter to Sigmund Freud with it's wonderful "Don't you think it's a bit crazy to write to a dead man?" "Who better than he would understand?", the hilarious Rashomon inspired Court Martial hearing and the black and white shot Documentary. They may not be 10/10 episodes but they each do great jobs looking at the psychology of the 4077.

Any time the series takes you to Rosie's Bar (home away from home) or keeps you pretty solidly locked to just the OR tends to be good, if dramatically different, times.

For early MASH I can't not love '5 o'clock Charlie' and 'Captain Tuttle' as my episodes of choice (though Adams Ribs is a close third) and for later "serious" MASH, Hawkeye's monologue or Father Mulcahy saving a wounded soldiers life might be my top picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread