Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Luigi Thirty posted:

It killed me when I realized Winchester was the guy from that one TNG episode with the scientist who commits suicide.

He was also the crazy guy in the first season of Two Guys, A Girl & A Pizza Place, before they retooled the show by adding Nathan Fillion and downplaying the pizzaria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Huh. Well that explains Pernell Roberts' complete lack of resemblance to Wayne Rogers but believability as an aged Elliot Gould, which is to say it explains everything including why I could never get into it. If I had known, maybe it would have grooved with me. (Not that I didn't like the movie, but if you were expecting a spinoff of the show it really doesn't work. Well now I get it.)

That is pretty interesting, especially as Trapper is actually my favourite character in the MOVIE, but not the show. Wayne Rogers was just very bland and didn't have the screen presence of Alda, or even Farell, but Gould's deadpan delivery and twinkling eyes just make me smile every time I've watched it. (By contrast, I like the show's Hawkeye much more than Sutherland in the movie).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

nate fisher posted:

It use to show up on TBS a lot back in the day. Last time I saw it was steaming on Netflix or Prime?

In the UK at least, it's on basically every streaming service anyone sane would have. Amazon, Netflix and I think NowTV as well.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The effects shots, ironically, are probably why Star Trek: TOS and TNG even got it done, because it's a lot easier to argue that HD matters for a sci-fi show with action scenes and SFX than for a sitcom.

• Locked thread