Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos
It's an absolutely timeless show. It's like the concept of the perfect movie, only it's a TV show.

Canemacar posted:

I used to watch this show after school every day as a kid. It sticks with me because I remember it was the first show I watched where "antagonist" doesn't necessarily mean "villain". MASH did a lot to humanize even the people you usually rooted against.

As a little kid I hated Burns, but even I could recognise him as more pathetic than evil. Even the North Koreans were humanised. Remember that episode where that wounded kid had that grenade in the OR? Dude was completely terrified. Or when Hawkeye had a mini-breakdown and crashed the peace talks?

Senerio posted:

The Hallmark channel LOVED this show when I was in high school. It was a dinner tradition for me to watch 2 hours of M*A*S*H over dinner. I loved the gimmick episodes, with my favorite being the one that took place in real time.

Wait, loving Hallmark played this show? Well there's an odd thing. I thought your Hallmark channel was all lovey-dovey with a far right religious edge to it. Then again that was a childish impression of mine too, as occasionally we'd get made-for-tv movies straight from that channel, including all the soppy and strangely creepy ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread