Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Used to watch this every evening at 7:30 on one of the local broadcast channels.

Mr Miyagi (Pat Morita) showed up a couple of times as Colonel Sam Pak.

If you want a different thread title at some point might I suggest "M*A*S*H: IT WAS A BABY!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I've started watching from the pilot. It's drat good, even in these early episodes. I'm up to s1e6, "Yankee Doodle Doctor"

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Epicurius posted:

In terms of minor characters who don't get as much love as they should, I've always had a soft spot for Nurse Kellye.

I like Lt. Ginger, mainly for her role in that one episode where the racist guy wants to be sure he gets "the right blood".

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

The creators made a point of saying that the fate of the characters was due to the fact that war changes people:

Henry - dead
Trapper - doesn't seem to have changed since we didn't actually see him leave
Frank - went crazy and got promoted to Lt. Colonel
Radar - matured quite a bit especially after being injured
Hawkeye - went nuts, but got better
BJ - cheated on his wife
Charles - had his love of music ruined
Mulcahy - went deaf (but would be cured in AfterMASH)
Klinger - stayed in Korea despite spending all that time trying to get out
Margaret - married and divorced
Potter - didn't really change too much except maybe learning to lighten up a bit after dealing with the MASH personnel

I assume Potter's service in WWI already showed him the worst of war.

Pham Nuwen fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 22, 2017

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Somebody needs to make a video of every time Hotlips says "Oh, Frank!" when he mentions his wife or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Henry Blake: "You'd think a man with ROTC training wouldn't go peeking up a doll's shirt"

Frank Burns: "Well I am a doctor"

• Locked thread