Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Love this show, and I'm glad it finally got its own thread!

I have to disagree, though, with fans who don't like the later seasons. I understand where they're coming from, since M*A*S*H sometimes went out of its way to be melodramatic. But I don't think the show lot its quality as much as it evolved with most of the rest of the cast. Yankee Doodle Doctor is like a microcosm for M*A*S*H itself: start out with the jokes and farce, and end with serious stuff that you really want people to remember.

That said, my favorite episode is an unusual one: Dreams. M*A*S*H is one of the only TV shows I know - aside from maybe Frasier and Star Trek: The Next Generation - that depicted realistic dreams instead of just playing them for laughs. It's a brilliant and, in my opinion, underrated episode.

Edit: The encapsulated character bios in the OP are excellent.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Luigi Thirty posted:

It killed me when I realized Winchester was the guy from that one TNG episode with the scientist who commits suicide.

Want something just as crazy? The aide to General Kelly in the episode "Iron Guts Kelly" was the same actor who played John Allen Hill, an owner of Melville's for a season or two on Cheers. I didn't realize it until I looked up the guy's acting credits one time.

• Locked thread