Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

A bunch of 70s TV was filmed on defective stock that started decaying really early which is why there’s a lot of syndicated shows from around then that look like total rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

It killed me when I realized Winchester was the guy from that one TNG episode with the scientist who commits suicide.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

A really young Lawrence Fishburne plays a wounded soldier in one of the later seasons too.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Nothing will top Frank teaching the Korean workers to speak English.

“Do you have a fever?”
“I will get the doctor.”
“Get us out of the UN!”
“Better dead than red!”

”Frank Burns eats worms!”

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

I hope they have an audio channel with no laugh track.

Depends on their syndication package. There’s one with a laugh track and a crappy picture and there’s one without a laugh track with a cleaned up picture.

[quote="“Mister Kingdom”" post="“476578159”"]
“What took so long?”

“The guy it was attached to was still using it.”
[/quote]

The Christmas episode where they get the dying guy and BJ refuses to let him die on Christmas despite there being no hope, with Margaret, Hawkeye, and BJ working on him in secret during the Christmas party. :smith:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Larryb posted:

I remember loving this show but I don't think I ever saw the movie or read the original novel it was based on (in fact, I didn't even know there was a novel until this thread). Are they any good?

The novel is a pro-Vietnam pile of trash. The movie turned it into an episodic subversive anti-war film and it's a landmark of New Hollywood. And yeah, Elliott Gould.

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 21, 2017

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Remember the episode where they're laying a cement floor for the OR to stop infections? When they're signing the cement slab, Hawkeye makes a crack about how a noseprint signature would be a great tourist attraction at Grauman's Hopefully Not Chinese Theater.

At Disney World, there's a replica of the facade of Grauman's with early-90s cement signatures from visiting celebrities out front, just like the real one. One of them is Alan Alda.

He left a noseprint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

The early seasons were shot on some new film stock that deteriorated really quickly, that’s why season 1 looks super rough.

• Locked thread