Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bernie _______
This poll is closed.
would've won! 87 34.52%
has won! 45 17.86%
will win! 56 22.22%
is winning! 64 25.40%
Total: 124 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

VideoGameVet posted:

As a marketing person (former CMO) I can assure you that the Clinton campaign has nearly nonexistent branding and messaging.

I’m With Her vs. Make America Great Again? WTF???

Not to mention that “Trump Sucks” isn’t exactly a good message either.

Especially when he wins, disproving them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Well, he didn't disprove them exactly. He does suck. He just disproved their theory that that was all they needed.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

ugh its Troika posted:

Especially when he wins, disproving them.

Any bets on her going with "third time's the charm"?

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Tesseraction posted:

He said he accepts the result of the referendum, he still wants to maintain as much of the European relationship as possible, because he is aware that the Hard Brexit which Theresa May is pushing for would gently caress over the poor much harder than the rich.

Even while campaigning to remain, he was asked to give (on a comedy show interview I might add) his enthusiasm for remaining in the EU out of 10, and he gave it a "7, maybe 7 and a half". Which is an honest answer - the EU has problems, and Corbyn recognises that while also recognising the benefits of EU institutions.

It's not the flip-flop you're making it out to be.

Fair enough, sorry for the mistake.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

shrike82 posted:

It's odd to see leftists masturbate over the supposed victory of "absolute boy" Corbyn when Labour is not in power and the party is deliberately keeping mum over Brexit because Corbyn actually is for exiting the EU.

I know he's just going for low hanging fruit but if any lurkers thought there was any validity to this; the UK doesn't have a general election like we do, where they elect a direct leader of a party to lead the country. Instead the party with the most parliament (congress) seats or the largest member of a joint-party coalition becomes the PM.

Within this context, Corbyn did the equivalent of turning nearly half of our red states blue. Conservatives entered with a legislation-passing majority and left needing to form controversial coalitions with literal irish protestant terrorists (and bribing them with nearly 2 billion because conservatives are that toxic right now) just to hold onto power (but not actually pass anything).

With this in mind, remember that the american General Election is supposed to be where Democrats make their big gains (with republicans retaliating in the midterms), and note that we lost seats in the recent GE.

E:

gowb posted:

Nobody is blaming the left for it! Just that Corbyn has pulled a bit of a 360 on it, and some guy was championing it in here from the leftist perspective.

Since the start of his term as Labour's leader he's pledged to support what Labour's constutents support. He's still no big fan of the EU, but if the people want to stay then thats what he'll push (especially right now, when Liberal Democrats [actual named party] are trying to leech votes by becoming The Remain Party)

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 30, 2017

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Mister Facetious posted:

Any bets on her going with "third time's the charm"?

My money's on 'Do not fail me again, plebs."

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Sephyr posted:

My money's on 'Do not fail me again, plebs."

Needs to be more passive-aggressive

"America deserves another chance to make the right decision"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

MizPiz posted:

Needs to be more passive-aggressive

"America deserves another chance to make the right decision"

The joke that people actually use: "Hindsight 2020"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

closing the thread because we have uspol for us politic and the thunderdome for saying mean words at each other/about politicians

• Locked thread