Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bernie _______
This poll is closed.
would've won! 87 34.52%
has won! 45 17.86%
will win! 56 22.22%
is winning! 64 25.40%
Total: 124 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i bet obama went to wall street to tell equifax to cut it out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDfhFfKSohc

:prepop:

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

aughh

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

Main Paineframe posted:

Seriously, if you've never met a Dem campaign operative and talked to them about their lives, it's really educational. To a lot of them, their political work is their career - and, like most people, that means priority #1 is getting paid, priority #2 is career advancement, and actual policies are somewhere further down the list.

I still remember going to a College Dems meeting in my freshman year and meeting this girl whose goal was to become a lobbyist. I thought she was just joking at first in a dark-humor sort of way(this was about the time a lot of progressives were really realizing Obama was basically a centrist, so there was a lot of angst), but nope. Straight up her goal was to work her way up the political operative ladder and land a lobbying gig.
I didn't go back.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Junior G-man posted:

Even though I like to think I follow US politics quite closely from over here in the EU, I literally haven't the faintest idea what policies the Democrats currently stand for or what their big idea is, especially since the election. They seem to be "not Trump", which I suppose is a decent reason, but what is it they're actually pitching now?

All I ever read are stories about how "not Trump" they are.

Well, HRC's campaign basically ran on a platform of "The Status Quo Works", so the Obama status quo of 2012-2014 more or less. Although they really wish it were the late Clinton status quo of 1998 instead

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Glazier posted:

The Democrats don't have anything because they are not supposed to and neither are the Republicans really. The whole point of the neoliberal reformation of American politics was supposed to be that the differences in the partiers were supposed to disappear and eventually we would have a "radical centrism" that everyone who "mattered" could feel comfortable with. That's why Clinton is praising "sane" Republicans and lamenting the "decline" of the GOP, we were supposed to be "at the end of history".

It really parallels the WWE and the current lack of direction and nonexistence of faces or heels and how everything is just tiring pandering to a constituency that primarily exists in the boardrooms and meeting rooms of company men.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/etc_politics/status/909890341951741952

:chloe:

it's a little late to be contesting the election hillary :ughh:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Imagine being so broke brained you take the word of CNN (a centrist rag if ever there was one, and even the hated Daily Show dunks on them for it) in interpreting "not legitimate" to mean "formal legal challenge."

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Yandat posted:

The Democratic platform is progressive and they also do absolutely nothing to implement it when they're in power.

It's the old Kreider cartoon.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Condiv posted:

Lol watch her start a war.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

Imagine being so broke brained you take the word of CNN (a centrist rag if ever there was one, and even the hated Daily Show dunks on them for it) in interpreting "not legitimate" to mean "formal legal challenge."

yep, i sure did say formal legal challenge in my post. god you're an idiot

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Condiv posted:

Lmao, do it! Can't wait for her rear end to get destroyed by Trump

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

so that yronic will be nice and happy, here's the text from the NPR interview

NPR, not CNN posted:

Democrats have said that they think there was Russian interference in the election, but that they're not challenging the results of the election. As more and more information comes out about the depth of Russia's interference in the election, do you think, at some point, that it would be legitimate to challenge the legitimacy of the election?

I don't know if there's any legal constitutional way to do that. I think you can raise questions. In fact, I think part of the reason Trump behaves the way he behaves is that he is a walking example of projection. Whatever he's doing and whatever he thinks is happening he will accuse somebody else of. And there are examples during the campaign when he did just that, like when he called publicly on Russia to hack my personal emails.

He knew they were trying to do whatever they could to discredit me with emails, so there's obviously a trail there, but I don't know that in our system we have any means of doing that, but I just wanted to add to the point you made. There's no doubt they influenced the election: We now know more about how they did that.

I want to get back to the question, would you completely rule out questioning the legitimacy of this election if we learn that the Russian interference in the election is even deeper than we know now?

No. I would not. I would say —

You're not going to rule it out.

No, I wouldn't rule it out.

So what are the means, like, this is totally unprecedented in every way —

It is.

What would be the means to challenge it, if you thought it should be challenged?

Basically I don't believe there are. There are scholars, academics, who have arguments that it would be, but I don't think they're on strong ground. But people are making those arguments.

again, kinda late to be doing any of this stuff hillary. and no, they're not on strong ground, they're wiley coyote having just run off a cliff and dangling in the air

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Sounds like the only person floating something was maybe the interviewer asking the question.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

yronic heroism posted:

Your centrism is showing

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

NewForumSoftware posted:

Your centrism is showing

No I'm just allergic to your shitposts.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

yronic heroism posted:

No I'm just allergic to your shitposts.

Are you still mad that we don't talk about the big bad GOP here?

Have you figured out what bothers you so much about people on the left yet?

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

You are an apologist for Trump voters so not "on the left" in any meaningful way.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

yronic

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

:vince:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/909927495423729669

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Nothing heroic about this yronic guy I tell you what

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Well Bernie (who would have won) did say NK was the greatest national security threat in the debates.

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax
bernie's always been horrid on foreign policy though

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

NewForumSoftware posted:

probably why tulsi gab was such a big fan of his

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Nevvy Z posted:

I wonder why someone not running for a position might not have to worry about things someone running for a position should have worried about.

:thunk:

Why am I not surprised to see the bitter Hillary supporter defend Obama going balls deep in Wall Street cash.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Lol Obama was and still is a lovely center-right politician.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Nevvy Z posted:

I wonder why someone not running for a position might not have to worry about things someone running for a position should have worried about.

:thunk:

Ah yes it's all about The Optics and not about how absolutely hosed it is that our leaders are beholden to capital, the same people who don't give a gently caress about your or me or if we have enough to live on, despite doing all the work for them while they real all the rewards

gently caress you

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

But how will they pay for it?!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Ah yes it's all about The Optics and not about how absolutely hosed it is that our leaders are beholden to capital, the same people who don't give a gently caress about your or me or if we have enough to live on, despite doing all the work for them while they real all the rewards

gently caress you

It's okay. They're just really stupid.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

What's the moral calculus if it's "more prisons" Harris v. "Bomb the Muslims" Gabbard in 2020

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

shrike82 posted:

What's the moral calculus if it's "more prisons" Harris v. "Bomb the Muslims" Gabbard in 2020

write the democrats off and form a domestic terrorist organization dedicated to full communism now IM NOT BEING SERIOUS NSA

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

NewForumSoftware posted:

Yes, Iraq was the BEST THING EVER.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Too bad he voted for it

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

shrike82 posted:

Kamala Harris without a moment of loving hesitation if their policies and records are literally identical to what they are today. Harris was a prosecutor who was bad in some ways that prosecutors are generally bad and good in a few ways that prosecutors are generally not good, she's not exactly at the top of my 2020 fantasy list but she's somewhere in the realm of passable.

I am not a fan of Tulsi Gabbard having major input on foreign policy. I'd be pretty alright with her anywhere (sane) else in the Cabinet though and she is a perfectly acceptable House rep.

Edit: my current fantasy list starts with

1. :siren: :allears: TAMMY DUCKWORTH :allears: :siren:

but I am open to input and suggestions

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Sep 19, 2017

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Tammy isn't on board Medicare for all so scratch her off the list

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
ahem

Condiv posted:

You should probably put these posters on ignore if you haven't already
call to action - Fascist sympathizer
shrike82 - trump voter/aspiring trump 2020 voter/white supremacist

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

No need to be a shy Trump voter kilroy

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Nice!

can't wait for us to be in yet another war!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

it's so awesome we can afford billions in waste on idiotic military hardware which will be used afterwards to suppress protests while being unable to find a cent to pay for healthcare for people in our nation

• Locked thread