Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bernie _______
This poll is closed.
would've won! 87 34.52%
has won! 45 17.86%
will win! 56 22.22%
is winning! 64 25.40%
Total: 124 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Hillary warned you (about poo poo she would have also done, but with less bad press about it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

ikanreed posted:

Man, while Hillary is bad, "both sides are bad" remains bullshit.

Do you really think we'd be facing a multi-trillion dollar tax cut for the rich with her? Really?

Oh we'd get some lovely pro-corporate, deregulation laws and barely any action on big systemic problems, but there's a difference between cruise control on the highway of poo poo and flooring it.

Obviously Hillary wouldn't do everything Trump is doing, but she'd be fine with plenty of it and Democrats would actively defend horrible poo poo like mass deportation and war if it was her doing it. Yes, she would be less bad, absolutely, that's part of why I voted for her in the general (mostly that SCOTUS seat though) but it would also come with less criticism of the parts where Hillary's and Republican's shittiness overlap. I'm sorry that I was being too reductionist in my shitpost so it came across as a blanket BOTH SIDES BAD message when I was trying to focus on Hillary specifically being terrible.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

karthun posted:

No, Al Gore was well to the left of Bush, those Democratic voters were far to the right of Bush. They were southern white supremacists who supported Jim Crow. They would have proudly voted for trump. And Heaps of Sheeps thinks we need to bring them back into the Democratic tent; gently caress that ,gently caress them and gently caress him.

Nobody in this thread is making that argument, they're only being brought up as a counter to the narrative about how third party voters are at fault for democrat losses. After all, how can you attack third party voters when your own party members are voting directly against you? It wasn't meant to be a discussion about who's votes to chase but an argument about why attacking third party voters specifically doesn't make much sense.

• Locked thread