Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Thanks. I'll just leave it blank althought Frankie Lozado is a funny guy to get behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I write in my dead BFF's name

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Niwrad posted:

What is everyone doing who wants to not vote for Biden? I saw some Muslim organizations saying to just not vote at all in the race, although I don't know if that helps. Saw some saying to write-in Gaza but I don't know how good our write-in stuff is.

https://www.ettingermentum.news/p/the-uncommitted-voters-guide

Illinois is Category 4

bort
Mar 13, 2003

That's informative, but does that affect the rest of the ballot?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Just put Bidens name down like you know you'll do in November and stop acting like this I'll show them! protest means a goddamn thing.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

bort posted:

That's informative, but does that affect the rest of the ballot?

I'm not entirely sure, but just to be safe choose one of the other 3 primary candidates if you want the rest of your ballot to count

banned from Starbucks posted:

Just put Bidens name down like you know you'll do in November

I don't know why you think I'm going to do this

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Just put Bidens name down like you know you'll do in November and stop acting like this I'll show them! protest means a goddamn thing.

Lmao if you think I'm going to vote Joe Biden.
This isn't even a swing state, gently caress him.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

You can just not vote in the presidential primary instead of voting for Marianne or some poo poo

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
I'm going to write in 'Gaza'

There's literally zero reason to vote for Biden in November if you're on the left and live in Illinois. There's no argument for it, and plenty of argument to vote in any other way.

Mike N Eich fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 8, 2024

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Mike N Eich posted:

I'm going to write in 'Gaza'
That's what I had done, but it's sort of pointless. We won't get a count of "gaza" ballots and nobody will ever know except you and me.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Gosh, I really missed election stuff.

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023
Cross posting from the Chicago thread:

Since I'm an old fuddy duddy I got a set of these coins at well over $1 each from the mint. They debuted about a month ago

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Plowing the dollar

rachel ray romano
Jul 5, 2021

Badger of Basra posted:

You can just not vote

Confirmed Chuy supporter

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I actually did vote for Chuy in the first round

rachel ray romano
Jul 5, 2021

Badger of Basra posted:

I actually did vote for Chuy in the first round

Only three more years of constantly reminding Johnson supporters how badly they hosed up.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Chuy hosed up by supporting the cops instead of taking about progressive issues. We wouldn't have to deal with Brandon if Chuy called for police reform

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I have zero faith that Chuy would’ve been some big improvement over Brandon. He ran the most half-assed campaign. Why does anyone think he was going to try that hard at being mayor?

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
If Chuy wanted to be mayor, he could have, he had a massive lead and pissed it all away by barely campaigning, and the little he did was pretty poor!

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Convinced Chuy is a set of twins and the good one died in 2015.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'll still vote for Chuy since he's my state rep and he's running against Raymond Lopez

rachel ray romano
Jul 5, 2021

Bird in a Blender posted:

Why does anyone think he was going to try that hard at being mayor?

We live in the reality where you voted for the guy who sucks at being mayor and Chuy only hypothetically would have sucked at being mayor. Get wrecked.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Bird in a Blender posted:

Why does anyone think he was going to try that hard at being mayor?

It would be very hard to try less than Brandon.

rachel ray romano
Jul 5, 2021
I don't think Chuy would have pissed JB off so much that he'd unilaterally yank $80 million in annual revenue from the city.

Mayor Johnson backs out of commitment to $250M joint city, county, state migrant care package

abc7 posted:

The warmer temperatures and sunny skies have been providing a welcome respite for migrants hanging out outside a shelter in Pilsen. But the future may not look so sunny after Johnson backed out of a commitment with the county and state for the city to contribute $71 million to care for migrants through the end of the year.

Cut to:

Gov. Pritzker Seeking to Eliminate State Grocery Tax, But Some Municipalities Could Push Back

WTTW posted:

Illinois shoppers would save a dollar when they buy $100 worth of groceries under Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s proposal to eliminate a state sales tax on groceries.

Chicago stands to lose considerably more — as much as $80 million per year — according to the Illinois Municipal League.

Although the grocery sales tax is a creature of state law, the money collected from grocery receipts within a jurisdiction is transferred to local governments.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

rachel ray romano posted:

We live in the reality where you voted for the guy who sucks at being mayor and Chuy only hypothetically would have sucked at being mayor. Get wrecked.

Id love to live in a hypothetical scenario where the guy who sucked rear end at running to be mayor sucked less at being mayor but here we are! Maybe if chuy had I dunno, actually declared early and acted like he wanted the job at any point he could have won like everyone who watched the mayor's race has consistently said. Oh well, I guess we're stuck in this universe where he ran a lovely campaign and failed to get any big backers on board early leaving them to declare for a rival out of frustration at the delays.

Like seriously that race was his to lose and everyone pretty much said so. He lost it because he hosed up.

rachel ray romano
Jul 5, 2021

Benagain posted:

Id love to live in a hypothetical scenario where the guy who sucked rear end at running to be mayor sucked less at being mayor but here we are! Maybe if chuy had I dunno, actually declared early and acted like he wanted the job at any point he could have won like everyone who watched the mayor's race has consistently said. Oh well, I guess we're stuck in this universe where he ran a lovely campaign and failed to get any big backers on board early leaving them to declare for a rival out of frustration at the delays.

Like seriously that race was his to lose and everyone pretty much said so. He lost it because he hosed up.

Look, some people take a little too long to announce their candidacy. Other people take a little too long to respond to measles outbreaks at migrant shelters. I think one is worse than the other, but keep doing you.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
here's the thing, based on everything you've said and done I don't like you as a person because you've been charging in to every discussion talking about how BOY HOWDY BET YOU JOHNSON SUPPORTERS FEEL BAD NOW GUESS YOU SHOULD HAVE VOTED CHUY to which everyone responds Yes, johnson sucks, no one is defending him, also Chuy ran a lovely campaign and that's why he didn't win. but you also seem like a human being, so I'm not going to say that you're in favor of kids getting measles.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

It's actually my fault guys, I placed 100 thousand votes in the primary to elect Brandon over Chuy and I even knew at the time that there would be a migrant crisis and a measles outbreak that he would handle poorly, please don't blame Benagin or Bird in a Blender

(Incidentally while double checking the primary numbers I realized Chuy couldn't even beat loving Lori lmfao. Well gee at least he narrowly edged out Willie Wilson. "Get wrecked" indeed)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Vote?
Oh whoops,I forgot

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
A lot of vote scolding in the most solid blue jerrymandered state in the union.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

what does that have to do with the chicago municipal election

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Badger of Basra posted:

what does that have to do with the chicago municipal election

Chuy ain't the only scolding we've gotten lately

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Someone introduced a bill to prohibit schools from having Native American mascots and team name. This has naturally caused a bunch of communities with schools that have Native American names and mascots (but without a large Native American population) to get very upset while talking about how the government is taking away their “history and traditions”.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Someone introduced a bill to prohibit schools from having Native American mascots and team name. This has naturally caused a bunch of communities with schools that have Native American names and mascots (but without a large Native American population) to get very upset while talking about how the government is taking away their “history and traditions”.

Odin's high school team is not the Ravens and that enrages me.

rachel ray romano
Jul 5, 2021

Benagain posted:

here's the thing, based on everything you've said and done I don't like you as a person because you've been charging in to every discussion talking about how BOY HOWDY BET YOU JOHNSON SUPPORTERS FEEL BAD NOW GUESS YOU SHOULD HAVE VOTED CHUY to which everyone responds Yes, johnson sucks, no one is defending him, also Chuy ran a lovely campaign and that's why he didn't win. but you also seem like a human being, so I'm not going to say that you're in favor of kids getting measles.

You are quite literally defending him

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

rachel ray romano posted:

You are quite literally defending him

Saying Chuy poo poo the bed and should have run a better campaign is not in any way "defending" Brandon Johnson no matter how you twist the logic

Again Chuy got less votes than Lori, an impressively pathetic feat

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Bring Chicago Home looks dead barring some sort of miracle. Once again disappointed with voters when asked to do the right thing.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Democracy doesn't work

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It’s reminding me of the income tax vote. A whole bunch of people who don’t understand what it’s actually about and that it would actually be a tax cut for them. Instead all the temporarily embarrassed millionaires in this state vote it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Graciela Guzmán beat Natalie Toro and the tons of cash the Senate Dems spent trying to beat her, which is great. Iris Martinez is taking losses everywhere.