Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Dexo posted:

Come to Springfield, we have all the Abe Lincoln stuff you could ever want to see.

I legit love the Lincoln Library.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

When I went to school in Galesburg, Peoria was the big city to visit when you needed to impress a date. And that is both sad and heartbreakingly sweet. When I hear "Don't Look Back in Anger", I think of Peoria.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

binaryhermit posted:

At least my congresscritter, Dan Lipinski is facing a primary challenge that's semi-credible.

On a negative note, a real life Illinois Nazi is running unopposed in the Republican primary.

EDIT: Seriously. http://artjonesforcongressman.com/holocaust/
EDIT#2: If you find holocaust denial offensive, which is certainly your right, that link is offensive

What up, fellow southwest side Goon

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Stutes posted:

...which is wholly offset by also being the home of Jim Belushi.

*door flies open*

Jim is actually a really underrated actor! He is great in Thief. And he’s a perfect comedic second banana in Return to Me.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

baquerd posted:

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like an emotional and/or partisinal argument rather than one based on specific candidates and facts?

We’re not robots, dude. A republican puts so many kids in a loving cage that a putting-kids-in-cages industry springs up overnight and I’m gonna side eye anyone with an R after their name who doesn’t offer to bathe in holy water to repent.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

FuturePastNow posted:

Pick your favorite fictional world

"England during WWII"

The one that exists only in the minds of 45 year olds who are super horny for Brexit.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Cuz we don’t have to live in a regressive hellhole. We can be empathetic.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

I mean. You can do that within the city of Chicago already. That gas station just off Foster and 94 is always a dollar higher than anything in the city. It’s currently $.50 higher than the station one block away.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Have discovered that Brooks is a perfectly good replacement for super wide foot having people.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

This is the future I want

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Every article about staying on standard time starts with some guy going “I’m sure you’re like me, going out for 5:00 am runs and wishing it was brighter out”

I am *not* like you, and get back to the darkness where you belong.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Here is the Sheriff’s response today:

Of course the one town he namechecks is Newton, a name that has no other connotation with guns at all.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

That is the actual county seat of Jasper County. It is the only place in Jasper County to be exact.

A lovely cosmic joke, then. Though I suppose the arc of the United States is long and bends towards mass shootings in all of our town names.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

Unless I forgot one, you're thinking of Newtown, CT, not Newton.

gently caress. It was newtown, wasn’t it? For the longest tine my first instinct in spelling the town name was wrong and then I corrected it but remembered to distrust my first instinct.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Orion = oar Ian

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Love the fact that the 1968 convention is in there.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Popete posted:

But the "in the black" range is .81 - 1.0 so it includes counties that are technically "in the red" and also any value above 1.0 is blue/green so it just stands out and looks weird.

It’s cuz it’s the urban environments. Like the thin blue line flag being surrounded by black. They can claim it’s because “it represents protecting law abiding citizens from those who wish to harm them” all they want, but nah.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

The X-man cometh posted:

It would give Trump cover to cancel the November election.

No it wouldn’t

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

“I don’t want to depend on the government for anything [but please save me from this pandemic that private business cannot address; I am a big baby]”

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

xzzy posted:

Don't forget chud states like Texas where their chud politicians are willing to sacrifice lives to keep making money.

It's stunning how inhumane this country is.

I love the phrasing of this. As if we can just throw the elderly into a volcano and this will stop. Like they’re loving bartering with someone.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

I think the issue is that it started as a faux wedge issue in order to grift, but so many idiot True Believers came up not realizing the charade, and then *gestures wildly to the world around us*

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

This has lead to the “this issue why Chicago needs to be a separate state” and “look at the Dems, such hypocrites”.

It is almost like these people do not give a single poo poo about the virus spreading and people dying. All of them are fuckers.

My state Rep just posted an article talking about how we should give herd immunity a try because he 1) read an article in the Federalist and 2) these projections keep changing so we should not trust them.

:eng101:

Worked out well for BoJo!

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

The X-man cometh posted:

Pretty big sign that those parishioners should find a church God approves of.

Edit: Wasn't this the guy who was in the news for refusing to end services?

Almost positive that it is.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

It's a complete loving joke that our federal government is so inept that states are grouping themselves together to make their own decisions separate from the feds. I guess this is one of the few times that our system of government with fairly independent states is actually going to be a plus. Let the balkanization of the US begin!

Which governor will activate the national guard and turn on a neighboring state first?

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Oak Brook has the mall barricaded at all exits and a checkpoint at the only functioning one. They’ve got cops meeting up in a parking lot and a fleet of dump trucks. It is....some odd suburban cop poo poo, that’s for sure.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

KDdidit posted:

The random soliciting ATT guys had masks on but pulled them down as soon as they started into their monologue. The "can we look at your roof?" guys had nothing and didn't even back away from the door when I opened it. Brookfield/LaGrange area I'd say is 95% (sort of) masked in decent stores and maybe 75% is the gas station/7-11 type places. Don't expect that to last through.

Hello fellow near western suburbanite. I think these numbers are accurate. Probably as at the gas stations, to be honest, but all normal stores have been good. Watched a woman chase a man around a store yelling at him for not wearing a mask.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

The X-man cometh posted:

Girl I Guess picked 90% establishment candidates last time. She's a white gentrifier in Pilsen who problematically uses black dialect.

Go ahead and use her as a guide but you should just use Injustice Watch and vote for Democrats (or Gloria La Riva).

I thought that sounded familiar. Didn’t she also fall over herself to not pick against some of the obvious machine guys too?

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

synapse posted:

I voted in person in Dupage County. The first thing that shows up is the amendment in full screen. It feels different than the rest of the ballot. Someone voting near me did not know what it was. The poll worker said "that's JB's thing". If you skip the vote, it's counted as a No

This ain't passing

It was structured really weird on my ballot. The warning text is where I expected the measure to be and the proposal was way below eye level. It was physically difficult to read.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

Madigan has to go. He’s not liked in most of the state, and Republicans are going to tie any Democrat they can to him.

The dude ranked his own child’s political future just to hang on. He is a medieval king who kills his kids.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

https://twitter.com/allymarotti/status/1324852064288153606?s=21

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

KDdidit posted:

I love having Chuy as my Rep, but I’m one of those weird little strips of the 4th in Brookfield and all my cool friends in the rest of town got to vote Lipinski out.

Same. There was an old guy on primary day who was so sad he couldn’t vote against Lipinkski

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

His dad’s Wikipedia page used to be funny because it’s all about how he jacked off reagan to get the orange line extension. Reagan called him up to thank him for defending him on Iran contra and asked if there’s anything he could do and then we got the orange line.