Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

Do you live in Chicago? If so, chicagoelections.com. Also ballotready.com, but I heard you need a facebook account or something, which sucks.
No just a signup for ballotready. I've been on the Biss text out the vote campaign. My hands hurt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Go Richie Rich! Beat Daddy Warbucks!

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Pritzker paid around $120 per vote. Biss, in contrast, about $9.50.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Dexo posted:

Please oh God pardon Blago.
I want to see the yet another cluster gently caress of bullshit.
Gluttony is unattractive

bort
Mar 13, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9g4YsGpO-A&t=2s

e: Depressed turnout chat: isn't this blue wave going to cancel out the lackluster governor-to-bes?

bort fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 26, 2018

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Banana Man posted:

alright where the hell are my legal dank nugz
Michigan

bort
Mar 13, 2003

vyelkin posted:

No you don't you disingenuous motherfucker you have veto-proof supermajorities in the House and Senate, you don't have to do anything Republicans want ever. God damnit.

But partisan rancor :ohdear:

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think the Supreme Court has made it pretty clear that political ads are free speech, so this isn't changing without an amendment, and good luck with that. Aside from that, making political ads illegal is extremely troublesome anyway. What constitutes a political ad? Who gets to decide what is political? Does this apply to the internet too? You are going to have an extremely tough time legislating something like that.
Nah, man, you see we just have to get money out of politics. The rich need to willingly submit to having no financial influence over the governments regulating them. Close all the loopholes. Simple!

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Pontius Pilate posted:

No, my son is named Borf
Are you talking to me?

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

I thought in past years someone has had a guide on retaining judges, is there anything like that this year?
Girl, I Guess guide has them in there: https://www.stephanieskora.com/voter-guide. There are lots of guides you can follow, ISBA or Chicago bar, interest groups also have their lists.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Wouldn’t want to fall too far behind the federal court, I suppose

bort
Mar 13, 2003

I got thrown out for my Mondale-Ferraro pin :sigh:

bort
Mar 13, 2003

brugroffil posted:

Any guides for the will county judges?
https://www.isba.org/judicial-elections/counties/will although that might not be leftist enough for some posters.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

That's informative, but does that affect the rest of the ballot?

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Mike N Eich posted:

I'm going to write in 'Gaza'
That's what I had done, but it's sort of pointless. We won't get a count of "gaza" ballots and nobody will ever know except you and me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Convinced Chuy is a set of twins and the good one died in 2015.