Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
How dare you besmirch the good name of Darren Bailey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Around here we speak of him in hushed tones of reverence. We chant his prayer. “He can’t be a jackass. I know him”

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

In downstate Illinois where I am most people think the tax is the beginning of Pritzker’s thousand years of liberal darkness and baby killing.

“The tax is going to be put into Planned Parenthood to fund even more abortions”

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Just voted. “Should Marion county look into seceding from Illinois along with other counties”. The issues that matter folks.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I teach in the same area as Kanyon does. I explain the money flow situation and they sort of crack/ping. They cannot wrap their minds around the fact that Chicago is the financial center of Illinois.

I do realize the students are just parroting what they hear from home and that they are in school to learn things like this.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

As expected Bailey announced his run for governor. People around my area are going to go crazy for him. Gross.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I can’t imagine he has any shot. People around here however howl with glee at every news story about his stupid lawsuits.

Edit: Kanyon you ignorant slut

Nash fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 23, 2021

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Welcome to Effingham County!

Every position is chud elected and a lot of times, the primary becomes a race to the bottom of who can push the most foolish ideas.

How dare you say my calls for seceding from Chicago are foolish!!!

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/49562-second-amendment-preservation-act-to-be-considered-by-full-county-board

MAH GUNZ

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

My wife works in a hospital in the southern part of the state and the hospital worker vaccination rate is barely over 40%.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Southern Illinois schools are taking the ISBE direction of local control depending on number of cases and vaccination rates as to mean the pandemic is over and who gives a poo poo about any precautions. Good times in this hillbilly hell.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sounds like a school up in Elmhurst already got dinged by ISBE for refusing to mask up for the year. Get hosed idiots.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

The district I’m in has their board meeting tonight. Local Facebook as expected is both hootin and hollerin about masks are objects of oppression, just look at those people in the Middle East. Also they spread Covid, just watch this YouTube video!

I will be honestly shocked if the board chooses masks. Even though I work for the district I will absolutely call ISBE to put our district in the crosshairs of pulled funding.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

https://southernillinoisnow.com/2021/08/13/south-central-school-district-to-start-school-without-mask-mandate/

This is the district I teach in and my elementary age children attend. It’s as dumb as it sounds. I hate that my district has essentially said it doesn’t give a poo poo about my children’s health. School starts Monday and the Spanish teacher called the district today and told them he quits because of their dumb decision. I’m kinda envious to be honest.

I’ve been telling everyone I know to report it to isbe to get it smashed into the ground for non compliance. South Central District 401

Covid19@isbe.net is the email to report schools to.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

How soon will we get any updates in the Breese district lawsuit? I’ve been looking around but don’t see anything.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

https://southernillinoisnow.com/202...t-mask-mandate/

Marvel as my school district complains that it isn’t fair that ISBE is quickly smacking non compliant school district!

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

School update! Our school was told we don’t have the authority to send kids home when they are a close contact to a positive. Only the health department can. The health department is so swamped that they take forever to call families of the close contact.

This means my school had over 20 close contacts of 2 different positives at school unmasked for the last three days. One of the close contacts actually contacted and at home has tested positive. Parents don’t think they need to bother keeping kids home or even do the smart thing if masking up. I think our plan is literally to infect every student and teacher in the district.

It’s going to take multiple deaths to get people to give a poo poo. Honestly I think even then people won’t care.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

This is the text that got sent to all parents of the South Central 401 district. I’m glad we are masking up finally. My kids were some of the extremely few wearing masks and were getting picked on for it.

Dear South Central Families,

The South Central 401 Board of Education voted tonight, 8/31 to comply with the mandate that all persons age 2 and up entering an Illinois public or private school must wear a face covering. This was an impossible decision however, the fiscal responsibility and consequences aimed at our students left little options. Beginning Wednesday, 9/1 masks will be required to be worn by all students, staff, and visitors inside South Central School buildings at all attendance centers.

We would like everyone to come together as a united front and ask for your cooperation to limit the distraction from educating our students, which is our number one priority, of this challenging mitigation strategy. We are asking you to trust that we have your children's best interest at heart. We need them in school everyday, all day and to be able to continue to offer all activities to them for their development.

Thank you for the continued support of South Central School District #401.

It’s laughable. “This challenging mitigation strategy”. “Consequences aimed at our students.” Guess they didn’t consider trying to infect every family in town a consequence. So while we are finally doing the correct move of masking up the text makes me hate my district even more.

Today will probably be a pain. I’ve already heard student chatter of refusing to wear masks with their parents blessing. Understandably a lot of it is typical student bluster, but there are some that their families will absolutely condone it.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

My district. So very stupid. I actually did hear a student today say “if masks work why are our numbers so high?”

Note, we only started wearing masks Wednesday.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

https://www.effinghamdailynews.com/...cbf31f3b8c.html

Downstate morons say moron things.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

https://southernillinoisnow.com/2021/09/17/class-action-lawsuit-filed-against-south-central-school-district-over-mandatory-masking/

I need a goon more versed in legalese to tell me about filing class action lawsuits on behalf of hundreds of minors.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Welp,looks like whole lot of schools going maskless today because of the court ruling.

Also in fun news my six year old son told me that for several weeks his teacher has told his class that they don’t have to wear masks in her room, only when they go in the hallway. Remember kids, covid doesn’t exist in southern Illinois!

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I’m just disgusted with the education system in general. If I switch jobs it won’t be to another school, I’ll just go do something else.

Covid has shown how many districts are led by hootin and hollering morons, good old boys, and slimy people pleasers and not anyone that is actually competent.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I have this hope that omicron burned through my area. This combined with the folks vaccinated I hope our numbers at my school don’t spike. It’s been a week and a half and it’s been pretty quiet. Hopefully it stays that way.

At my school there are only 5 teachers who wear a mask. Two of them got covid from the school most likely anyway.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I’m sorry your daughter had shitheads mess with her. rear end in a top hat kids learn from rear end in a top hat parents. I’ve had the same. Multiple days my daughter would come home crying because kids were assholes and picking on her fur wearing one.

I called the principal to ask her about it and she never called me back.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

Speaking from experience from 20+ years ago, no one at the school cares if your kid gets picked on. They might care if it starts a fight.

Oh I know. I work at the HS in the district but am not from the area originally. It’s super apparent that even when I go to my higher ups when legit awful bullying is happening that they don’t give a poo poo. Our super is a slimy people pleaser who happily throws any and all staff under the bus to make a parent happy if said parent has a big last name. Mostly to get teacher grades overturned. Guess since I work there and am vocal about the horseshit that goes on my kids really don’t matter.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

My school district is going to cover covid days for both vaccinated and unvaccinated teachers because we had an outcry from all the unvaccinated teachers. Unvaccinated teachers are the vast majority. I weep for my kids when they get to jr high because the science teacher there is a big antivaxxer.

Edit: Agree on the daycare thing.

Nash fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Apr 28, 2022

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

It’s a shithole down here. Flee while you can.

Source: I live in said shithole.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Ok, I’ll say Metropolis owns because the big rear end 1812 reenactment that happens in October.

Now the Salem-Effingham area? Meth filled wasteland.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

midwest ink posted:

I just drove past that Saturday and now it has a Bailey sign under the Trump one. The Bailey sign had not been shot with paintball yet, I'm sad to report.

Sounds like something you need to take care of.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

You will respect the dangerous crosswinds you son of a bitch. LAW AND ORDER

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

You sound like libtards who hate America and want free handouts.

Oh? My massive farm subsidies? Very different.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

In the Salem area people are loving hyped for Bailey. “How can he lose? I don’t see any JB signs around here!!”

The 14 people and 5 dogs in your town don’t mean poo poo next to the rest of the state dumbass.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Oracle posted:

The Illinois right will be forever pissed that corn and soybeans can’t vote.

The loving FFA guy at the school I teach for shares lots of “look at this electoral map and all that red! Don’t tell me it wasn’t fixed!” poo poo after the election. You are a grown rear end adult who teaches kids and you are telling them this bullshit. Makes my job as the social science guy even more fun.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

It’s stuff like this that makes me want to leave education. The schedule let’s me avoid daycare costs. That is about all that is keeping me in. The jr high science teacher is a huge anti vaxxer as well

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

There was a draft riot at Charleston, IL by people who opposed the war and were supportive of the Confederacy.

Those copperhead sons a bitches

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I talk about sundown towns and counties in USII and I’ve overheard more than once something to the effect of “should still be like that”.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

Could just be our politicians. Downstate republicans have been feeding an us vs. them mentality for decades now.

I think rural areas could do fine, but capitalism and cars have really taken its toll. Nearly every small town used to have a little downtown strip with a local grocer and a couple of other stores. The large stores like Walmart essentially made them unviable since the small stores couldn’t compete on costs. Once everyone had a car and could drive 15-30 miles to go to the Walmart, it was all over. That took away a lot of incentive to stick around since jobs in town didn’t exist anymore.

Spot on. Look at Dollar General showing up in every small town and creating healthy food deserts. What small southern Illinois town doesn’t have a business district that consists of 1 business for every 4 abandoned stores?

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

I always enjoy seeing unread posts for this thread. It brings me the joy of thinking “What dumbass thing did Bailey say/do today?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Spent a part of today talking with students that “no, the new law doesn’t turn Illinois into the purge.”