Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I've only just started watching, and... I think I'd have to switch the Australian part of my brain off when playing this, really.

I've never heard "dinky-di" pronounced like "dinkee dee" and I've lived in Australia my whole life. It's always "dinkee die". Not that it's used especially often anymore; not in my lifetime.

Also no-one calls it "gas" here; it's petrol. I have to admit though that "guzzolene" is too fitting a term for the Mad Max universe to give up for the sake of accuracy.

What Yapo said about constantly getting into the car on the wrong side; that's me in basically all games with vehicles since they usually follow the left-hand-drive convention. Maybe I should get this game just so I'm instinctively getting in on the correct side, for once. :australia:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I'm still catching up, but on "you've got balls the size of boojums"; I've never heard that term before. I'm pretty sure it's not an Australian slang term. It seems like there's a few things it could be, but who knows what the writer had in mind. Maybe it was the boojum tree, since it's a desert plant? They're apparently only really found in California though... definitely not Australia.

I'm starting to think the writers of this computer game may not actually know anything about Australia. :ssh:

Whatever though; I went and bought the game the other day, largely on the strength of this LP. Also it was on sale for five dollars, so hey, why not?

• Locked thread