Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Wengy posted:

Food players indeed, my friend.

Xhaka, Elneny, Holding, Chambers, Mustafi and Welbeck aren't good enough and need to be shipped out. Cech is shaky and old, Ospina is short and fat. Koscielny is broken, Per is about to retire, Nacho is old as gently caress, Kolasinac isn't trusted by the manager. So at the very least you're looking at a City-style revamp of the entire defense (let's say 200 million at least), plus at least one actually useful central midfielder (unless Maitland-Niles turns into the new Kante overnight), plus a new goalkeeper, plus some additional firepower, preferably someone who can play wide and centrally as well. Maybe the Wilshere experiment should end too. Ramsey deserves another chance I'd say. Anyway, it's going to be very expensive.

Yeah you’re probably right. I was thinking Arsenal would only need 2 cm’s, but it’s probably more like 6 new players. Wengy has done a bang up job.

Ninpo posted:

I'm curious why you think Ramsey should get another chance, while the "Wilshere experiment" should end? From what I've seen, the better player is not the one you think should get another chance, the only issue I see regarding Wilshere is sustained fitness.

The problem isn't just Wenger, when the medical staff are clearly incompetent and he can't be the only one coaching in training, surely?

Ramsey is the better player. He’s just less suited to the role he’s playing. I think Ramsey’s bigger problem is that he wants to play in Ozil’s position.

The medical staff seems reasonably competent these days tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
don’t forget Iwobi and Lacazette on the can’t-hack-it list

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Wilshere plays a tidy pass, but 90% of the time he’s either moaning, on the ground or in the process of breaking his ankle. Ramsey is a liability too, but I think he’s a much more solid and interesting player. Consistently makes decent runs and actually has a good game every couple of months or so. That alone makes him a standout in this lovely squad.

Iwobi might still come good (lol). I actually quite like Lacazette and am surprised by all the hate he’s getting.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Wengy posted:

I actually quite like Lacazette and am surprised by all the hate he’s getting.

He's fluffed some big chances and hasn't immediately set the league on fire like Salah so people are already hating just like Morata is getting at Chelsea.

I think the biggest problem for him is a similar problem for all of the Arsenal strikers in that the service is mostly terrible and he clearly isn't the guy to create his own chance like Sanchez kept doing last season.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ramsey playing as a 10 in Wales' 5 at the back formation was world/euro team of the tournament class.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

T Bowl posted:

He's fluffed some big chances and hasn't immediately set the league on fire like Salah so people are already hating just like Morata is getting at Chelsea.

I think the biggest problem for him is a similar problem for all of the Arsenal strikers in that the service is mostly terrible and he clearly isn't the guy to create his own chance like Sanchez kept doing last season.

Yeah I know but people were badmouthing Lacazette even before his terrible performance against Spurs. Oh well, he's dead now anyway, luckily Welbeck is still around... lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

blue footed boobie posted:

Yeah you’re probably right. I was thinking Arsenal would only need 2 cm’s, but it’s probably more like 6 new players. Wengy has done a bang up job.

i can definitely see kroenke splashing the cash to fix the team lol

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
poor old arsenal

they're dead now

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jack Wilshere, who spent the entire match trying to con the referee thinks that the referee made some bad decisions, what a loving joke.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/arsenal/story/3399292/arsenals-jack-wilshere-slams-refs-decisions-in-carabao-cup-defeat

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Shrapnig posted:

Jack Wilshere, who spent the entire match trying to con the referee thinks that the referee made some bad decisions, what a loving joke.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/arsenal/story/3399292/arsenals-jack-wilshere-slams-refs-decisions-in-carabao-cup-defeat

Lmao what a bitch. First goal was not a foul by any standard. Second goal you couldn’t complain much if offside was called I guess, but Sane didn’t interfere with play by being in an offside position.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Jack isn’t the brightest one

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Jerk Wilshitter

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

eleven extra elephants posted:

I saw somebody describe Wilshere as looking like a 'pissed up toddler' on the pitch, and hell, they're right

Barney Ronay described him as "charging around the pitch on his bandy legs like an angry centaur" which made me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

blue footed boobie posted:

Jack isn’t the brightest one

Having spoken to him its hard to describe how dense he is the perfect role model of footballer or in the nick.

• Locked thread