Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

shut up blegum posted:

Calm down mod

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I can only pray Aubameyang was assured prior to signing that Wengy is going to live on a farm this summer. Xhaka has been bad since he joined, he was never the tough tackler he was advertised as. He actually can play a nice pass and hit the occasional long range screamer but as Neville pointed out he isn’t interested at all when Arsenal aren’t in possession. We know it so all these teams will be using that to their advantage.

Someone asked me what the score would be today and I said ‘probably 5-0 City’, which could still happen. So much money needs to be spent and change needs to happen at Arsenal, can’t wait for the contract extension to be announced :allears:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Also lol that Welbeck is still a Premier League footballer

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Tsaedje posted:

Picture Arsenal training for their next game on Thursday... against Manchester City :getin:

I can't because I'm pretty sure whatever it is Arsenal do between games does not involve football in any way.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
It took me five minutes but I finally located Ozil (he’s still on the pitch fyi)

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I hope someone in the locker room tells Wenger to gently caress off, old man.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Also lol that Welbeck is still a Premier League footballer

Welbeck's only appropriate role is to come on with a lead when you definitely 100% do not need to score a goal, but it'd be nice if your front line could hold the ball up

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
ESPN goin hard at Kroenke's Krew

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I hope City score some more goals

e: preferably this child who has just come one will score them

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Come on Phil, have some fun

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Wenger must walk he’s nackered someone put him out his misery

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
has bravo had to make a save?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Jose posted:

has bravo had to make a save?

In the first half he had to but it was probably offside anyway.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
shameful display from arsenal

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jose posted:

shameful display from arsenal

They’re starting to spiral a bit, OP. Things are not looking good.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Those Carabao scarves. Shameful, but less than an Arsenal scarf

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
“Vincent Kompany doesn’t have a big heed” ESPN scot

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
has Wenger walked yet

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's gonna beat City this Thursday then sign an extension

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Been calling for Wenger to walk for about ten years now and he’s still stealing a living. Arsenal fans are mugs.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Here are some top advanced stats

https://mobile.twitter.com/Squawka/status/967828572823056386

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Here's an advanced stat.

Arsenal loving suck.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
so is pep good or bad

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

so is pep good or bad

Yer mam would win trophies with the squad Pep has.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Arsene Wenger has revealed how EFL Cup final fourth official Graham Scott cheekily offered to put Arsenal out of their misery as the Gunners were smashed 3-0 by Manchester City at Wembley.

Goals from Sergio Aguero, Vincent Kompany and David Silva had a first trophy under Pep Guardiola wrapped up for City by the 65th minute.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang had wasted an early chance for Arsenal, but they were thoroughly outplayed as Wenger lost in the final of this competition for the third time.

A disconsolate Wenger recounted how Scott had questioned why the Frenchman wanted to prolong the pain as he made a complaint about the award of three minutes stoppage time.

"It's difficult to come back," he told a news conference. "The referee doesn't give the injury time.

"When I said, 'Why don't you give more time?' he asked me, 'Why do you want more time?'

"I told him, 'It's not down to you to judge, how long is the time, if you want or not. Give the normal added time.'"

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Disconsolate is a bit of an overstatement. Wenger said it with a straight face, like it was an actual grievance and not the barefaced whining of a bad loser

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I agree with Arsène

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I am still lollin' hard re: Mustafi's 'defending' on that first goal.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

burn it all down

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lot 49 posted:

Arsene Wenger has revealed how EFL Cup final fourth official Graham Scott cheekily offered to put Arsenal out of their misery as the Gunners were smashed 3-0 by Manchester City at Wembley.

Goals from Sergio Aguero, Vincent Kompany and David Silva had a first trophy under Pep Guardiola wrapped up for City by the 65th minute.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang had wasted an early chance for Arsenal, but they were thoroughly outplayed as Wenger lost in the final of this competition for the third time.

A disconsolate Wenger recounted how Scott had questioned why the Frenchman wanted to prolong the pain as he made a complaint about the award of three minutes stoppage time.

"It's difficult to come back," he told a news conference. "The referee doesn't give the injury time.

"When I said, 'Why don't you give more time?' he asked me, 'Why do you want more time?'

"I told him, 'It's not down to you to judge, how long is the time, if you want or not. Give the normal added time.'"

This should have been really embarrassing for him and it’s weird he told anyone about this.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So Wenger's surely got to be on the way out by now? Yesterday was Arsenal's best (realistically only) chance at a title this year and they bottled it in glorious style.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

No matter who takes over, there will have to be a clearout of epic proportions... And investments in new players to the tune of like 500 million lol

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Wengy posted:

No matter who takes over, there will have to be a clearout of epic proportions... And investments in new players to the tune of like 500 million lol

I’m not sure how much investment will be needed tbh. Arsenal have a decent amount of food players. It’s just that none of them make any sense playing together. I feel like it would look very different with two real central midfielders and a manager who can organize a defense.

I do think a clear out is coming, though. Wilshere is in his last year of his contract, and Welbeck, Ramsey, Monreal, Cech, and Ospina are all in the last years of their contract. I have to imagine Welbeck, Cech, and Ospina are all gone. Ramsey is an interesting one. He’s a key part of Arsenal’s spectacularly broken midfield, and there are a lot of players in the more advanced role he’d like to be playing. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was sold. I also suspect we’ll see Mustafi and Chambers shipped out.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
If Arsenal miss UCL again(they will) and they keep Wenger then just lol what idiots. (They will keep him)

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

blue footed boobie posted:

I’m not sure how much investment will be needed tbh. Arsenal have a decent amount of food players. It’s just that none of them make any sense playing together. I feel like it would look very different with two real central midfielders and a manager who can organize a defense.

I do think a clear out is coming, though. Wilshere is in his last year of his contract, and Welbeck, Ramsey, Monreal, Cech, and Ospina are all in the last years of their contract. I have to imagine Welbeck, Cech, and Ospina are all gone. Ramsey is an interesting one. He’s a key part of Arsenal’s spectacularly broken midfield, and there are a lot of players in the more advanced role he’d like to be playing. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was sold. I also suspect we’ll see Mustafi and Chambers shipped out.

Food players indeed, my friend.

Xhaka, Elneny, Holding, Chambers, Mustafi and Welbeck aren't good enough and need to be shipped out. Cech is shaky and old, Ospina is short and fat. Koscielny is broken, Per is about to retire, Nacho is old as gently caress, Kolasinac isn't trusted by the manager. So at the very least you're looking at a City-style revamp of the entire defense (let's say 200 million at least), plus at least one actually useful central midfielder (unless Maitland-Niles turns into the new Kante overnight), plus a new goalkeeper, plus some additional firepower, preferably someone who can play wide and centrally as well. Maybe the Wilshere experiment should end too. Ramsey deserves another chance I'd say. Anyway, it's going to be very expensive.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Also the transfer window closes in mid august so you'll have to make proper bids to pry good players away from clubs

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

greazeball posted:

Also the transfer window closes in mid august so you'll have to make proper bids to pry good players away from clubs

lmao, I forgot about that. So no Wengy panic buys this time!

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm curious why you think Ramsey should get another chance, while the "Wilshere experiment" should end? From what I've seen, the better player is not the one you think should get another chance, the only issue I see regarding Wilshere is sustained fitness.

The problem isn't just Wenger, when the medical staff are clearly incompetent and he can't be the only one coaching in training, surely?

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
I saw somebody describe Wilshere as looking like a 'pissed up toddler' on the pitch, and hell, they're right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ninpo posted:

I'm curious why you think Ramsey should get another chance, while the "Wilshere experiment" should end? From what I've seen, the better player is not the one you think should get another chance, the only issue I see regarding Wilshere is sustained fitness.

The problem isn't just Wenger, when the medical staff are clearly incompetent and he can't be the only one coaching in training, surely?

Send them both to Swansea imo we've kept Fabianski fit and healthy for years.

Rambo can play behind the striker, and Wilshere might make the bench now and again. Good for depth.

• Locked thread