Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Oxlade going to ride pine for the rest of the campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Love that Okazaki keeps on being good as hell and refuses to relinquish his spot in the first team despite being a pacey player in his early 30s. You only get 70mins out of him every match but he makes them count

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

WanderingKid posted:

Dunno why people are getting so down about this. EFL cup's purpose is literally to blood youngsters. Its that show where academy players play championship barbarians and get smashed to prove why they aren't in the first team.

The only academy player on the field is Woodburn. The rest should be our depth.

and lol if you don't think exactly the same thing is going to happen at the weekend. Leicester could win 5 or 6 if they had Vardy on.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

WanderingKid posted:

Dunno why people are getting so down about this. EFL cup's purpose is literally to blood youngsters. Its that show where academy players play championship barbarians and get smashed to prove why they aren't in the first team.

agree completely, and the way to do this is play a strong CB pairing and a strong central defending midfielder. give the team a spine, and play young blood around that. throwing on a hollow shell of a young team is a recipe for destroying their confidence and ruining development.

playing Gomez as CB was a mistake, as is playing Wjinaldum and Henderson in front of them. rn it's hard to understand what role Henderson has in the team.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Reprisal posted:

a strong CB pairing and a strong central defending midfielder.

Lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

WanderingKid posted:

That's the Checkatrade Trophy, mate.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
[quote="“Xabi”" post="“476559914”"]
“The Ox” is utter shite, unfortunately.
[/quote]

Woodburn, however.

Xabi fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 19, 2017

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Klopp is a fraud

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Xabi posted:

“The Ox” is utter shite, unfortunately.

Ian Wright gasps in horror.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

EvilHawk posted:

The only academy player on the field is Woodburn.

Laffo. What does this tell you about Liverpool (and Leicester for that matter)?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

WanderingKid posted:

Laffo. What does this tell you about Liverpool (and Leicester for that matter)?

Ironically our actual u-23s battered West Ham last night and several players looked mint.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

EvilHawk posted:

Ironically our actual u-23s battered West Ham last night and several players looked mint.

Is Wilson still stuck there?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hegay posted:

Klopp is a fraud

Klopp had been found out before Liverpool even hired him

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ayew scores off a referee interception lol

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

sassassin posted:

Is Wilson still stuck there?

Yeah he bagged a brace. He had an Achilles injury in preseason which is why he hasn't really featured recently.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

hey uh I didn't watch the game but uh Liverpool are bad

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Someone find the Mane post, you know the one.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
2 easy

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
https://gfycat.com/AncientKeenCranefly

Ox lol

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
You see that game from Oxlade Chamberlain? You see that Liverpool fans? That's literally him, that's how he plays, that's the player you got for £40, and Klopp isn't going to magically change him.

You got fleeced by Wenger and Wenger didn't even want to do the deal. That rules.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
What is "Carabou" anyway? I know the animal and I know the band but I don't think either of them are sponsoring the league cup.

Edit: it's not even Carabou it's Carabao

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoops posted:

What is "Carabou" anyway? I know the animal and I know the band but I don't think either of them are sponsoring the league cup.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=carabao

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Frankly Shrapnac I knew full well that I could google it and determine that it's an energy drink from Thailand or something, there was a modicum of subtlety to my post, it wasn't even complicated by any stretch of the imagination, most people here would have recognised it and moved past without a second thought, but you've proven again and again that your sense of humour and irony is cancerously deficient and you truly can't understand posting on the level of the majority of TRP posters.

A "let me google that for you" link, I swear to god. I'm smarter than you are.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Hope Leicester turn this into a proper cup run, it's been so long. Good confidence boost for the league too, 2 wins in 7 would have looked bad.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoops posted:

Frankly Shrapnac I knew full well that I could google it and determine that it's an energy drink from Thailand or something, there was a modicum of subtlety to my post, it wasn't even complicated by any stretch of the imagination, most people here would have recognised it and moved past without a second thought, but you've proven again and again that your sense of humour and irony is cancerously deficient and you truly can't understand posting on the level of the majority of TRP posters.

A "let me google that for you" link, I swear to god. I'm smarter than you are.

There's no subtlety in your posting you mong.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hoops posted:

Two Bad Posts

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
What's the point though everyone is just gonna call it the league cup anyway

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Liverpoo
Jurgen Flopp

Just call it the league cup, why would you help out some lovely worthless sponsor by using their name ffs

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It will always be the The Carling Cup. Now and forever.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

the only interesting thing about the league cup is getting knocked out as early as possible without being humiliated and we've gone and done just that ftw

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

julian assflange posted:

Capital One Cup

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

julian assflange posted:

It's the Worthington cup cause I got to go to Wembley for it twice.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sassassin posted:

Capital One Cup

Your love of the CoC is well known

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

What the gently caress is carabao anyway? Didn;t want to win that shiity trophy anyway

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's an energy drink

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://twitter.com/elliottsimmonds/status/910244103572611076

Tidy bit of business

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
jack wilshire is alive and playing football

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
and he nearly assisted a giroud screamer

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I want to see Arsenal win the Thai energy drink cup fyi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Sunderland's team have more Everton appearances than Everton's

• Locked thread