Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
I just released my first album! It's synthpunk, with Devo, Gary Numan, Adult., The Faint, and Atom and His Package as influences, along with whatever else felt right for each song: https://faustbot.bandcamp.com/releases

Here's a general mood breakdown:

Punk: Open Up!, Masks Off, Hunting Season, Origin 2 - The Ritual
Post-punk: Dragon Slayer, Origin 1 - Witness
Catchy: Scratch a Liberal, (All You Have To Do Is Not Be an) rear end in a top hat, The Big Hit Single
Instrumental: Glitch//Intermission, Origin 3 - Shutting Down

This was an entirely solo effort I started back in June when I popped out enough synth focused sketches to turn them into an album, minus two tracks that I couldn't make work. Now to get to work on the surfy post-punk stuff I've been working on for the past decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
EDIT: Wrong thread.

My next album is coming along quickly, though. It's more guitar driven than my first.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
My second new wave/synthpunk album comes out on 7/9! It's more guitar driven than my first, and I'm very proud of it. My production, especially singing, has come a long way since my first album.

Here is the preview page for the new album. The song Introduction is 1:15 long, and if you like that, you'll probably like the rest of the album. See Ya In Hell, Chief, originally titled I'm Sick of Elon Musk's Stupid loving Face, is the first single and one of my favorites of the bunch.

Faustbot - Technicolor Dreamboat

I also released a bunch of outtakes the other day if songs that, for one reason or another, didn't make the album. These are mostly instrumentals, with Spooktastic being the crowd favorite, and Death Surf being my personal favorite.

Faustbot - Greyscale Nightmare Junk

And, for good measure, here is the first album. Scratch a Liberal and Hunting Season are the crowd pleasers here, but I'm partial to Origin 2 - The Ritual, since that has the best production on the album and I'm really proud at how it came out.

Faustbot - Synthetic Noise

I was planning on taking a little break since I recorded and released two albums in a year, but I picked up Cherry Audio's PS-20 on sale last night and it's exactly what I want in a softsynth, so who knows.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
Nice! What kind of post punk, 2000's pop rock, proto-goth like Echo or Souxie Soux, or disco on the bottom and anything but on top like Gang of Four and Au Pairs?

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
Raising this from the dead because I have an EP coming out 8/25: https://faustbot.bandcamp.com/track/sneak-a-peek

It's the most synthpop release I've had due to the covid theme: I couldn't play guitar or bass when covid knocked me off my rear end for two solid weeks, but I could still program synths and drums. I wrote the opener track and a bunch of the lyrics for the EP while overwhelmingly sick.

The teaser track shared there, Sneak a Peek, was influenced by memories of putting Talking Heads' Speaking In Tongues in the mp3 folder while playing Vice City. The lyrics were written around the opening line, which popped into my head when listening to the music and stuck.

My production and general sound quality get better with every release, and I'm really proud if this one. I'm not producing at a radio ready level, but I'm fine with that so long as it sounds good.