Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

I finished my album last month and just released it. It’s slowly making its way through Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon and the like. I’ve started selling CDs and vinyl as well.

In the “real world” most of my work is band and orchestra related, but I’ve always wanted to do a rock album. As a kid I always thought the ultimate would be having my music on a record. 8 year old me would think I’m a bad rear end.

I play everything and song all the parts. Unsurprisingly there are quite a few horn parts. If I had to say what it sounds like, maybe a cross between Barenaked Ladies, Panic at the Disco, Emerson Lake and Palmer, and Phish.

If you are interested, check it out here:
https://www.burningvalhalla.com

The whole thing is available to stream through Bandcamp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

^^^ Truth. In my day job, I write music for band and orchestra. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve written 4-8 bars of something and set it aside. More often than not, nothing comes of it. Sometimes, it’s the perfect thing for this other project. I’ve had poo poo sit for 4 or 5 years before I found the right place. Hell, one thing sat for almost a decade before anything came of it.

All that said, you can always edit or revise something lovely. You can’t do anything with an empty file. Something is better than nothing, even if its ultimately nothing. Sometimes it only exists to get you to your next destination.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

Released my first album this summer (check it out at https://www.burningvalhalla.com to stream etc) and have since gotten the itch to get moving on another. Have short demos and fragments of four songs. Where I did everything myself the first time, I’m reaching out and getting my friends involved this time. Will be interesting to see how the project changes when it’s collaborative. The big one is having some people who are substantially better singers than I am.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

BandCamp Friday is coming up, and to celebrate, I'm releasing the first single from my next album. The song is called "Photograph", and I legitimately feel like it's the best thing that I have ever recorded. Hope you enjoy it.

https://jrtrimpe.bandcamp.com/track/photograph

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

No shame there. Big feelings usually become big art if you let it. My last album was almost entirely about coming to grips with manic depression.

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

HelpingFriendlyBook posted:

finished up an album and woke up to the news that one of the WFMU DJs found it randomly and played a track! It’s a pretty legendary NJ/NYC indie station. I hope you like it, it’s kind of reverby summery downtempo rock

https://blackhorsepike.bandcamp.com/album/sun-rise-over-stone

Nice. I have absolutely zero idea how to promote my music anymore. There are so many different options, I have zero clue what has the most bang for the buck. It’s gotten to the point where I am not sure how much more I’ll be doing this because… what’s the point if you’re the only one who listens?

:sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagina
Jul 21, 2003

Oh shi...

^^
That’s one thing I have taken solace in. Every song, every project doesn’t just get better, but the quality of my production goes up too. These are things that I only learned by DOING THE WORK. It’s a good feeling.

Congrats on the upcoming release. Just making it to the finish line is an accomplishment.