Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Edit: Wrong thread sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Mac9k5 posted:

I put this album out about a month ago, and I can't keep myself from going back every few days and fiddling with something. Mostly mastering stuff. If anyone has an advice on simple mastering that would be greatly appreciated, has anyone every tried one of those automated mastering things, that can't be any good right? anyway, punk and blues in a rock opera.

https://punkrockopera.bandcamp.com/album/punk-rock-opera-vol-ii-album

made on protools with an 18i20 in a garage. and probably should sound better than it does ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I purchased Ozone 8 because I got a great deal on it and don't have the time/money to learn mastering at this point. It is one of those automated mastering tools, but allows you to tweak everything individually. Essentially you select Mastering Assistant, choose Digital / CD / Reference Track and then Ozone figures out EQ curves, Dynamics Processing and Maximizer settings to bring the track up to a LUFS level you have set, or the LUFS level of the reference track.

It really does what I wanted it to do in that I can take my mix, run Ozone 8 on it, and have a track that is close to the standard for loudness today. They have sales a lot and if you own other Izotope plugins, just email them and they will probably give you a discount.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

im_sorry posted:

I did an album for National Solo Album Month in November. I've recorded several songs over the past little while, but this is my first attempt at an album. https://soundcloud.com/the_door_is_scary/sets/the-air-conditioner-graveyard

I used Xfer Records' Cthulhu plugin a lot on this one.

This is pretty cool stuff man, I'm digging it. That reminds me I haven't used Cthulhu in a while and should play around with it today.