Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
I used to sing in a progressive metal band called Presh. When the guitarist of that band quit, we eventually gave up searching for another guitarist, and I started a solo project. I recorded two albums on my own in my bedroom studio, as a way to teach myself to play guitar and bass, and also how to record.

Last year, I got the old band back together (minus the guitarist), and we’ve been rehearsing a batch of new songs that I originally started writing for the RPM Challenge in 2015.

Next Saturday, we’re going into a studio in Portland to record a 7-song EP. We’ve come a long way since we started jamming together in June, and I feel like these are some of the best songs I’ve ever written. The engineer we’re working with is loving awesome, so I’m ridiculously excited.

Looking forward to sharing what we end up with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Looking forward to sharing what we end up with!

And now I can share it!

The EP is called Object Permanence, and it’s found here:

https://theblackflash.bandcamp.com

Recording this stuff was so much fun, and such a great learning experience. I’m super proud of how it came out.