Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!
I just got into composing / remixing and did a bunch of DOOM remixes + original compositions inspired by the game:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXzVt6etTOxKXKS3E5FW0Dbo902lP_r9i

I've never taken any courses in composition/harmony or whatever but I did take piano lessons for a while back in the day and watched a few youtube videos recently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Greggster posted:

I really dig this! I also got really into making Doom-inspired tracks (although I'd say you did a much better job not only in recreating that specific sound but also in composition) last december.

My stuff is here, it's all guitar bass and drums without any true melodic instruments (I decided to put limitations in instruments and length of time, trying to build the songs on the strength of the riffs and keeping it short enough to stay interesting the whole way through).
https://skriketmusic.bandcamp.com/

Thanks! Well your tracks definitely sound authentically DOOMy to me, though like with more modern mixing and bringing out the metal I guess :) awesome

I kind of want to work on building strong riffs as well, keeping things simpler like youre doing

orly fucked around with this message at 02:44 on May 27, 2020