Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Wait for it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Wow, this is an extremely interesting moment :stare: Wasn't really expecting such a turn in the plot, what with the whole "Falcon becomes a criminal" angle. But this makes me wonder if Falcon is here just not caring anymore and pretending to be the Viridian Killer, or if this is somehow now an "alternate reality" where Romulus & Remus weren't the Killer and Falcon was them all along. The former makes more sense but Falcon definitely feels fairly confident on their past identity, plus they found a cool skull mask to finish the look!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Wait

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Huh.

Wait.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jun 25, 2018

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Defense Attorney!
I mean, we've already got experience in it, might as well go with what you know.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
Defense attorney is too obvious. Prosecutor!

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

No one expects the humble sparrow to be a prosecutor!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Nobody expects contract law!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Prosecutor.

Someone needs to fill Cocorico's shoes.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Contract law. Time to join the new bourgeoisie, baby!

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Sparrowson's new goal is to be the next Aviary Attorney game's prosecutor du jour. I mean, our Edgeworth got murdered, right?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yes.

We'll never bring the justice we want to see if we compromise at the first crossroad.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Turn him in

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I kinda wish we did this route first rather than the other way around. But Yes

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!
No

Turning him in is a literal Death sentence under the new republic because the new leader almost got killed by Falcon.

If we wanted him dead,he should have died with a gunshot in the head.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

No. If we're setting Sparrowson up to be the Cocorico of the next game, we need to keep Jayjay alive to defend.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Nope.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Yes. Innocent people died when the Ile burned. They need restitution.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich
So did Volerti really just use Cocorico as a pawn?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
No, wtf.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
No

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Yes.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

EagerSleeper posted:

So did Volerti really just use Cocorico as a pawn?

I thought that was a given.

The B ending made it clear, with Volerti's drunken stupor.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Yes. In the new France criminals have to be killed at all costs.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jesus, this game. How did it make my room so dusty?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Were there other ways this could have wrapped up? Because drat. This was a hell of a route.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
oh geez

:smith:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Thanks for following this. Before I edit the whole thing and submit it to the archive:

1. We still need to figure out where some of the OST is from:

2 (Original composition?)

3 (Original composition?)

9 (Original composition?)

10 (Original composition?)

12 (Original composition?)

14 (Original composition?)

21 (?)

25 (?)

26 (?)

27 (?)

30 (?)

31 (?)

2. If anyone can make the crime scene investigations here and here have the same "entire screen is dark except for the area we're examining" effect as here, I'd appreciate that.

Apparently all you need to do is:
- Open screenshot in GIMP
- Add a new layer on top of the image, fill it with black
- Set new layer's transparency to 50%
- Delete a rectangle from that layer over the clue
- Export

3. Let me know what you think is the appropriate order for the endings.

4. If anyone feels like contributing gifs, I definitely wouldn't mind.

5. Any final thoughts in general.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 10:12 on May 27, 2018

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

The neatest thing about this game is that there is no game over state:

If you fail, the narrative just accepts the results and weave in your failure as part of the story.
I feel this is something Aviary Attorney does better than Ace Attorney or Dangan Ronpa.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Yeah, I was honestly expecting these two not-best endings to be very obviously game overs. You know, with Remus & Romulus succeeding on-screen, something coming out of Remus' "The lioness has tasted blood" -spiel etc. But both were way more interesting than that in that they had bits of showing that the player failed here and there, but with entirely different and really interesting twists to the plot, in a way that made all three endings seem at least somewhat hopeful, even.

So yeah, thanks for the LP, Xander77.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

ArcadePark posted:

The neatest thing about this game is that there is no game over state:

If you fail, the narrative just accepts the results and weave in your failure as part of the story.
I feel this is something Aviary Attorney does better than Ace Attorney or Dangan Ronpa.
The flip side is that this is a much shorter game than AA or DR, so there's fewer alternate paths it has to write around. It's also pretty explicitly intended to have those diverging paths, whereas AA/DR have one story they want to tell and game over if you fail at it.

I'd be down for more investigation/courtroom games with wiggle room for failure, though.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Therea an order of magnitude less dialogue than an AA game

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Haifisch posted:

The flip side is that this is a much shorter game than AA or DR, so there's fewer alternate paths it has to write around. It's also pretty explicitly intended to have those diverging paths, whereas AA/DR have one story they want to tell and game over if you fail at it.

I'd be down for more investigation/courtroom games with wiggle room for failure, though.

I actually meant in Cases 1 and 2, where you can fail at your defense, but the plot converges into one path while still weaving a coherent Narrative: If you fail Case 1, Falcon will still be depressed because he let down an "innocent" mademoiselle, without knowing any better.

In case 2, you can (and most likely will) fail at finding the true culprit, but the story still continues, and Judge Romulous is still found to be a false judge anyway, and still sets up for the revolution.

I know these are very small things, but it makes the game feel like having more agency despite ultimately being Telltale-style branching narrative.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Show the endings in the opposite order from what we saw in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I strongly disagree.

That final line in the bad ending makes a fantastic finisher for an LP.

• Locked thread