Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

The show is forking great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Tahani's punishment is wonderful

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

I don't think Michael is in his own bad place, but he's certainly making one for himself. Also, there's no way that Eleanor doesn't find that tape recorder, sending Michael's plans to spiral off again.

I'm curious to see how many Groundhog Day sequences we get before the entire system breaks down.

EDIT: Just noticed that the "Welcome! Everything is Great!" sign at the opening is juuuuuuuust a little crooked.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 21, 2017

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Edge & Christian posted:

I could easily imagine at least an episode or cycle lasting a couple of episodes where it's Michael being found out yet again and convincing at least some of the humans to 'play along' with the idea that they don't know they're in an annoying simulation designed to torture them given that the alternative is penis flatteners and butthole spiders, Shawn and the rest of Michael's bosses (assuming the premiere is on the level) clearly aren't omniscient, and the rest of the actors in the simulation may be evil torturers who long to bite humans, but at least one of them has the acting bug, maybe the entire "Good Place" could turn into a group Budhole, hiding from the rest of the Bad Place. At least until it falls apart before the second ad break.

Michael convinces the humans to play along. The Bad Place's upper management is so impressed by his alleged results that they remake the rest of the Bad Place in its image.

The Bad Place becomes the Good Place. The Good Place becomes just another mediocre Mindy St. Claire-style purgatory.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

My favorite version of the Good Place was the "Jason figures it out" iteration. Janet had a wonderful expression that said, "this is different."

Mechanical Ape posted:

EDIT: Although I wonder what Eleanor's plan was going to be before Michael proposed the alliance.

It sounded to me that she was going to propose something similar. I'm not sure Eleanor would characterize it as an alliance, but "we hold all the power" and "we always find out your plan" sounds like the opening argument to a team-up.

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 29, 2017

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Janet is going to take over the Bad Place.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

double nine posted:

what is it about cleveland that makes tv shows take a stab at it? First Blood Drive, now the Good Place. It can't be that bad, can it?

Once we released several million balloons and killed two people.

Another time we set our river on fire.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Michael's solution to the trolley problem was wonderfully illustrated.

NecroMonster posted:

the actual twist is that sean (or is it shawn?)knows it's been hosed this whole time and literally just doesn't loving care

If there's a twist, this seems the most reasonable. I imagine Sean just wanted Michael and the other flunky demons out of his hair for a few centuries and Michael's sealed off "Good Place" was the best way to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Are they on earth or a simulation of earth?

• Locked thread