Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Gear balance in this game is so weird too. Sure, stats and higher rarity are nice but while I got an SS dagger it only adds a small + to mega skills while sun dagger/rod have a + that runs to the edge of the screen and thus is a hell of a lot more useful because you can blanket the screen in damage via mega skills. The main/only perk I see with the dagger is that it'll have higher stats so if I want to setup someone specifically to hit bosses as hard as possible, or if I have a room-wide move (which Leviathan has) then you use it to ensure maximum damage that way? :shrug:

The gear drop rate from the co-op raid is atrocious though. I've gotten 6 drops of 100 needles but none of the actual equipment, even when taking 1st or 2nd place.

Dragomorph posted:

Geez, this game does NOT want to give me any equipment worth a drat, but it sure likes to toss SS ranked guardians at me. I NEED HITTY HARDER THINGS DAMNIT.

On a side note, I think Leviathan is gonna end up being my trash collector, because Maelstrom and Icebind are nuts.

Maelstrom is great. I'm farming until I hit 100 luck on mine (currently at 60, with skill boost at 100%) since Django had the recruit rate up skill so bringing another as a buddy is nearly a 100% drop rate on normal. And Django can cause those (P) orbs to appear which seems to give a 100% proc rate on all abilities when it's used in a combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I did my newbie pulls and got Djagos as my sole Z, a couple of S characters, and some A gear and characters. Guessing this wasn't a great roll since I saw above that equipment is more important than character, but really not wanting to put in the effort of rerolling.

Djagos at least good by any chance? And is that the character Evil Fluffy mentioned? Seems like a similar name and the skills mentioned are on Djagos.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?

HPanda posted:

I did my newbie pulls and got Djagos as my sole Z, a couple of S characters, and some A gear and characters. Guessing this wasn't a great roll since I saw above that equipment is more important than character, but really not wanting to put in the effort of rerolling.

Djagos at least good by any chance? And is that the character Evil Fluffy mentioned? Seems like a similar name and the skills mentioned are on Djagos.

Same character, yep. And she's a ridiculous mage too, so 'grats.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HPanda posted:

I blame autocorrect.

(Yes, same character)

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Been having some fun with it so far, inscrutable systems and all. I played Terra Battle 1 a long time ago and only stopped playing when switching phones ate my save (I was starting to slow down playing it anyway, so didn't want to go through the process of getting it back). My only real complaint back then seems to have been fixed in this version. I always hated when monsters would wind up arranged in inaccessible ways. It now feels very good to push monsters into my own pincer traps.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I liked Terra Battle for a while. The biggest problem was they got real lazy with the Z-class garbage. I quit when first started to introduce them. I'll probably try this game out for a bit.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Im playing it, it's good. They definitely borrowed a lot of tried and true concepts from successful mobile games since TB's original release (a little bit from FFBE a little bit of something else etc.) It's a lot more streamlined and kind of hit the ground running which almost makes it seem like they underestimated the intelligence of the average mobile gamer by making TB1 too simplistic, and this one seems to have adjusted that quite a bit. It'll still be a grindfest at the end of the day but at least they are going to try to release a chapter every week now to move the content along. It's definitely more fun and being able to move enemies around the map is a godsend. Tons of improvements on the original imho but a lot more like other mobile games now rather than trying to be too unique.

Added myself to the friendcode list: e0b09044

HPanda posted:

....I saw above that equipment is more important than character, but really not wanting to put in the effort of rerolling.

There's a ton of people (mainly reddit) saying this and I dont actually think it's necessarily accurate. At least in the original, raw stats were always worth gently caress-all for the challenges and premium content. The best characters in TB1 had unique overpowered skills and mediocre stats, the worst SS from TB1 to this day has the highest base attack in the game.

Terra Battle is all about skills and companions, and in the original the best companions were basically skills on a stick while the worst companions were the ones that granted raw stats. I highly doubt it will be much different in this game.

Even in your example Djagos has Negotiator skill, which raises droprate of monsters, no amount of raw stats will ever increase the droprate.

It is true that you should have some gear levelled up because you need to have a decent stat base to use your guardians' skills or do any damage, you dont actually need THAT much at least not yet, especially considering some of the Z equipment in TB2 that has been shown in images looks only marginally better than fully levelled A/S/SS gear with only a couple of exceptions. I could be wrong and comforting myself because I opted to reroll for Z guardian over equipment, but I'm just going off TB1 history.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Sep 27, 2017

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I am very slowly playing through the first story chapter and it's got me intrigued. The gameplay is something I've never experienced before. Is the story supposed to make sense for someone who played TB1 or is this a completely fresh story?

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I'm glad that I don't have to redownload 600 mb in order to reroll. As soon as I get a Z guardian i'll probably stop rerolling and just play the game

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

jyrque posted:

I am very slowly playing through the first story chapter and it's got me intrigued. The gameplay is something I've never experienced before. Is the story supposed to make sense for someone who played TB1 or is this a completely fresh story?

I played through a bunch of Terra Battle 1 chapters, and this seems like a completely fresh story. It might be on the same planet? Or maybe some of the characters or monsters or something are things to recognize, but pretty sure this is all self-contained.

It is JRPG as gently caress, though.

On a side note, I am apparently an idiot who didn't understand the whole guardian thing until after chapter 3. Kept thinking they were extra characters since that's how it worked in Terra Battle 1, and thought the reason I couldn't add them into the blank slots was because they were story locked or something. I went through chapters 2 and 3 with the defaults, and didn't actually get it until I played with the menus some more afterwards.

It's me. I'm why games have baby tutorials.

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

There's a ton of people (mainly reddit) saying this and I dont actually think it's necessarily accurate. At least in the original, raw stats were always worth gently caress-all for the challenges and premium content. The best characters in TB1 had unique overpowered skills and mediocre stats, the worst SS from TB1 to this day has the highest base attack in the game.

I think the concern for good equipment is more about the attack ranges than about the stats. TB1 you could get an SS mage and hit literally the entire screen, but in TB2 skill attack ranges beyond the direct targets of your attacks are determined entirely by gear, which is especially important for spellblades since their skill AoE is based on their own position, letting you do some fancy stuff with them.

Specifically, higher tier gear is important for when you have RNA/DNA version of characters at high levels when your best abilities are Tera and Peta tiers instead of Mega and Giga. The logic here is that if, for example, you get a staff that gives a good AoE for Tera-tier skills, let alone Peta, you're set for the foreseeable future regardless of which mage you give it to while an SS/Z-tier mage with a lower tier weapon will have limited range on their strongest skills. You can still combine 3 copies of some lower tier items to reach Tera (I can confirm that the Rank A Sun Daggers can reach Tera), but getting 3 copies of a decent lower-tier item can be difficult in its own right.

With all that being said, I do think some people are vastly overestimating the important of getting Z-tier weapons from the gacha. To begin with, there's simply not really anything you need that degree of firepower for in the game right now other than maybe Leviathan Hard Mode and even then it's not outright necessary. If you have high level RNA/DNA characters you're going to be able to steamroll the next several weeks worth of story chapters anyway and for synched mode it's better to have Mega/Giga weapons since your level will be too low to access your Tera skills. You're going to get enough energy for plenty of rolls on the gacha by the time Z weapons start to feel useful beyond letting you clear content faster than you already could.

In addition to all that, Terra Battle 2 is probably going to have all sorts of ways to get SS and possibly even Z tiers of equipment outside of the gacha. Equipment wasn't a thing in the first game, but the trading post let you get rare companions and it looks like the greyed out Exchange button in the Un Store will serve the same role, though likely for both equipment and companions this time around. We're also currently limited to the Easy difficulty setting for the co-op raid, but we're bound to get at least two more difficulty tiers for that with presumably better loot. The fact that two of the enemies on the Metal Zone banner don't even appear on the Hard setting (including the giant king/queen right in the center of the thing) also guarantees that we're getting at least a fourth difficulty for that and likely other content like the Leviathan fight at some point.

In short, people are right to believe that getting rare equipment is very good for the long run and if you're really dedicated to getting one of the best rolls possible you'll probably want to reroll for a Z weapon. However, if you don't feel like spending hours upon hours of your life rerolling then it's fine to just start playing if you get at least one character that you're happy with since there will be plenty of opportunities along the way for getting good gear long before that gear becomes relevant.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Seeric posted:

I think the concern for good equipment is more about the attack ranges than about the stats. TB1 you could get an SS mage and hit literally the entire screen, but in TB2 skill attack ranges beyond the direct targets of your attacks are determined entirely by gear, which is especially important for spellblades since their skill AoE is based on their own position, letting you do some fancy stuff with them.

Specifically, higher tier gear is important for when you have RNA/DNA version of characters at high levels when your best abilities are Tera and Peta tiers instead of Mega and Giga. The logic here is that if, for example, you get a staff that gives a good AoE for Tera-tier skills, let alone Peta, you're set for the foreseeable future regardless of which mage you give it to while an SS/Z-tier mage with a lower tier weapon will have limited range on their strongest skills. You can still combine 3 copies of some lower tier items to reach Tera (I can confirm that the Rank A Sun Daggers can reach Tera), but getting 3 copies of a decent lower-tier item can be difficult in its own right.

With all that being said, I do think some people are vastly overestimating the important of getting Z-tier weapons from the gacha. To begin with, there's simply not really anything you need that degree of firepower for in the game right now other than maybe Leviathan Hard Mode and even then it's not outright necessary. If you have high level RNA/DNA characters you're going to be able to steamroll the next several weeks worth of story chapters anyway and for synched mode it's better to have Mega/Giga weapons since your level will be too low to access your Tera skills. You're going to get enough energy for plenty of rolls on the gacha by the time Z weapons start to feel useful beyond letting you clear content faster than you already could.

In addition to all that, Terra Battle 2 is probably going to have all sorts of ways to get SS and possibly even Z tiers of equipment outside of the gacha. Equipment wasn't a thing in the first game, but the trading post let you get rare companions and it looks like the greyed out Exchange button in the Un Store will serve the same role, though likely for both equipment and companions this time around. We're also currently limited to the Easy difficulty setting for the co-op raid, but we're bound to get at least two more difficulty tiers for that with presumably better loot. The fact that two of the enemies on the Metal Zone banner don't even appear on the Hard setting (including the giant king/queen right in the center of the thing) also guarantees that we're getting at least a fourth difficulty for that and likely other content like the Leviathan fight at some point.

In short, people are right to believe that getting rare equipment is very good for the long run and if you're really dedicated to getting one of the best rolls possible you'll probably want to reroll for a Z weapon. However, if you don't feel like spending hours upon hours of your life rerolling then it's fine to just start playing if you get at least one character that you're happy with since there will be plenty of opportunities along the way for getting good gear long before that gear becomes relevant.

I can see someone rolling for a Z guardian + Z weapon of appropriate type, but you'll be rolling for a while.

I mean I get that it's important obviously, but I dont think it's more important than skills. You really NEED multiple copies of the same Z/SS weapon to unleash it before it surpasses standard weapons, so I kind of feel it's geared towards heavy spenders and not really people trying to reroll/F2P/light spending.
If we're still doing comparisons to TB1, remember the quirky aspect of it being that a lot of SS characters were actually weaker than select Bs and As, some of the best characters were lower grade and I think there may be a case to be made for just sticking with unleashed A/S gear and roll for Z guardian, thats kind of why I did it that way.

Also a couple of things you mentioned:

RNA/DNA characters DO get expanded ranges on their spells as they level the ranges automatically upgrade (granted not as drastically as equipment.) You can still get plenty of range from B and A tier weapons, it's just not mindlessly screen-filling like Z weapon Dragonblade for example. A LOT of the Z weapon ranges are not all that amazing until they are fully unleashed Im assuming.

As for Leviathan Hard, at the moment it is easily beaten with by any party with a SKILL called Hobble which delays any enemy's turn (may actually be a bug that it hits bosses, but consider TB1 leviathan and abuse it while you can.) So there you go, right off the bat there is a obtuse unique skill solution to a hard boss just like TB1 leviathan at release was solved with a job3 skill of a starting character. Levitation also still works if you want to fight it legitimately and the only stat you need to survive is Mdefense which the starting robes should give you enough of if you level them.

The exchange button isn't grayed out for me, it's used for exchanging Quest Medals into Un coins, but nobody knows why that's necessary yet and what other use Quest Medals will have in the future, probably something like a weekly trading shop like you said.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Leviathan gets a screen-wide AOE as well, and it doesn't rely on weapons to do so. It doesn't seem to hit very hard compared to mega/giga skills and seems to miss a fair amount, but you can 100% skill a Leviathan without too much hassle if you bring a level 90+ Djagos to trigger negotiator to boost drop rates in normal. Got mine to 100 luck too but stopping at 50% U because I don't care to grind another 15-16 drops for the 2% ice accessory.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?
Woo hoo, finally got all of the Co-op raid equipment! Not sure if it's really any good but still, woo!

(Could use another staff for unleashing, but eh.)

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Dragomorph posted:

Woo hoo, finally got all of the Co-op raid equipment! Not sure if it's really any good but still, woo!

(Could use another staff for unleashing, but eh.)

Did you have to rank high for that to happen? Or did you use the King Orbs?

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011

RNA/DNA characters DO get expanded ranges on their spells as they level the ranges automatically upgrade (granted not as drastically as equipment.) You can still get plenty of range from B and A tier weapons, it's just not mindlessly screen-filling like Z weapon Dragonblade for example. A LOT of the Z weapon ranges are not all that amazing until they are fully unleashed Im assuming.

This depends a lot on the character (I don't have any recoded pure mages of my own, I guess it's good to know that they get more range as they level at least), though it's not really about the stats so much as it's about the tier of skills being affected and, to a lesser degree, the range (that Dragonblade with the crazy range is 'only' an SS after all). I was incredibly lucky and got a Z-rank Yoichi Bow off of a single pull so I'll use that, some of the other stuff I've gotten, and my level 90 Brone RNA as an example. The bow itself is sitting at its default cap of level 69 with 171 physical attack power, which is actually a fair bit less than my SS-rank Murakumo with 188 physical and 15 magical at its default cap of 59; even if I somehow got enough extra copies to fully unleash both of them the Z weapon would likely still lose out to the SS weapon. However, the Murakumo is only capable of boosting the range of Mega skills in a 3x3 square (i.e. 8 tiles around the default target in the center) while the Yoichi Bow affects the more powerful Tera skills in a massive diamond pattern (25 tiles around the target in the center).

As for Brone RNA, at level 90 he has Megacut, Gigacut x2, and Teracut, none of which have expanded range (maybe they expand at 99, but it seems unlikely). The Murakumo trumps the Yoichi Bow against single targets, making it my go-to weapon for things like the co-op raid, but it has a mediocre range that only affects the lowest tier of skills, making it less ideal when I want to take out large groups of enemies. Assuming skill multipliers are the same as in Terra Battle 1 where Giga = x2 damage and Tera = x3, the two Gigacuts deal more total damage than a single Teracut so finding a strong weapon to boost their range would be the best option. Unfortunately, the only weapons I have which affect Giga skills are an Orichalcum Spear (103 damage and the atrocious range of a single tile above and below the target) and a Sun Dagger which I've unleashed once. The Sun Dagger has a rather nice combination of 83 physical and 79 magical damage and it has a respectable full cross formation (i.e. the Yoichi Bow's range minus the 12 diagonal tiles), but stats are a bit of a factor in this case as the 83 physical is all that matters for non-elemental attacks and 332 damage (83 * 2 from the multiplier and * 2 again from Brone having two Gigacuts) is a fair bit less than the 513 (171 * 3) damage of the Teracut + Yoichi Bow.

Of the weapons I have, the Yoichi Bow has far more total range than anything else, more physical damage than anything other than a weapon with mediocre range for weak skills, and it's the only weapon I have that lets me boost Tera skills as everything else either affects Mega or Giga (I technically have another Sun Dagger that I could use to fully unleash my other Sun Dagger and bump it up to Tera, but for now I like having the combination of a Mega and a Giga dagger more for my spellblade with Weapon Mastery).

I agree that I'd prefer to get a good character over a good weapon and, since it seems like at least a few of the Z weapons don't even grant any sort of range boost, it's absolutely not worth trying to reroll endlessly for one. I'm happy that I happened to get a Z weapon, but I was doing fine without it and would still be fine if I hadn't gotten it. People going crazy over Z weapons are also likely underestimating just how many S and SS weapons we'll probably get access to for free, which when unleashed once or twice will likely also affect Tera and Peta skills and rival/surpass Z weapons which haven't been unleashed in terms of damage. I mostly just wanted to clear up that the fervor for Z weapons at the moment for most people isn't so much about the stats, especially since there are lower-tier weapons with higher stats than some Z weapons, as it is about being able to give great range boosts to Tera and Peta skills (as opposed to Mega and Giga) with little to no unleashing required. Well, that and the gacha rates for Z weapons are sitting at either 0.04% or 0.05% as opposed to the marginally-less-terrible rates of 0.1% for Z characters so some people see that initial roll as the only chance they'll ever have of obtaining one.

The exchange button isn't grayed out for me, it's used for exchanging Quest Medals into Un coins, but nobody knows why that's necessary yet and what other use Quest Medals will have in the future, probably something like a weekly trading shop like you said.

The button you're talking about is the 'Convert' button. The one I'm referring to is on the initial page of the Un Store between 'Store' and 'Convert'. It's marked as 'Exchange', greyed out, and uses the same symbol as the trading post in Terra Battle 1. As for the convert button itself, I get the feeling that when we come across other stores in later chapters they will each have their own unique type of currency to exchange quest medals for; treasure points in these early chapters grant Un Coins, but you get Quest Medals instead of Un Coins from selling items like Mega Potions, making me believe that Quest Medals are the true standard currency.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?

Solkanar512 posted:

From my experience, the weapon equipment only drops when I rank in the top two slots. The 100 Needles seems to show up more when I rank C though, which makes sense since it's honestly kind of a lovely Companion.

(Still annoyed at the time I got first place and got MEDALS instead of a weapon drop.)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Solkanar512 posted:

Drops are random, with a crazy low drop rate. I've had a dozen or so S-SS rank wins and gotten jack, while my only dagger drop was when I was A or B rank. Still zero staff drops which really sucks. :sigh:

Leviathan + King Orbling can drop a ton of damage on the boss. Both are 100% skill boost and Leviathan's 100 luck while the orbling is only in the 40s. Will grind them up to 100 luck eventually since they can also double as a healer.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Dr. Video Games 0112 wrote an FAQ for the OP. It has been added.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
drat. I was fighting Leviathan, won, got another copy of him, and then the maintenance started before it went to the reward screen. Wonder if I'll get credit for that one. Sucks that the last two hours of the event are being taken up by maintenance. Just got to the point of being able to take down normal Leviathan reliably and farmed a few copies. Another day of the event would have been fantastic.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

HPanda posted:

drat. I was fighting Leviathan, won, got another copy of him, and then the maintenance started before it went to the reward screen. Wonder if I'll get credit for that one. Sucks that the last two hours of the event are being taken up by maintenance. Just got to the point of being able to take down normal Leviathan reliably and farmed a few copies. Another day of the event would have been fantastic.

It will probably be a recurring event when they need to fill in time, so I wouldn't stress it too much. if they are actually mirroring the TB1 dragons events we're getting Bahamut (free fire mage) next and then Odin (free spear unit.)

Also, I always received the raid rewards when it crashed at the ranking screen, so you probably still received the drop.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Sep 28, 2017

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

HPanda posted:

I've had a few crash issues so far in story mode. The game has consistently been able to return me where I was, even to the exact turn when I crashed mid-attack. I'm pretty sure your rewards are safe!

Finally beat chapter 3 after playing a few hours straight. I think I may be hooked. So far all my rolls have been A or below. Looking at the drop rates trying to aim for a Z rank drop via rerolling seems like an exercise in frustration. Maybe I'll just level up my freebie guardian while farming for energy.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Game's back up and looks like there is 3 new banners. 2x odds of SS and Z class guardians (5 pulls required), 2x odds for SS or Z class equipment (5 pulls required), 3x odds for SS and Z class anything (standard 1 or 10 pulls but requires purchased energy.) You have to flick the screen up on your phone to see them all. Also they gave us a ton of energy.

Ch4 is out and Leviathan has been extended.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Sep 28, 2017

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Game's back up and looks like there is 3 new banners. 2x odds of SS and Z class guardians (5 pulls required), 2x odds for SS or Z class equipment (5 pulls required), 3x odds for SS and Z class anything (standard 1 or 10 pulls but requires purchased energy.) You have to flick the screen up on your phone to see them all. Also they gave us a ton of energy.

Ch4 is out and Leviathan has been extended.

Hooray! And for anyone curious about how my situation panned out, no I didn't get credit for finishing the fight exactly. It started me on the round previous to the boss fight on the turn just before I took out the remaining troops. Had to fight the boss again, which if I'm being honest was no biggie cause it just involved leaning heavily on my friend unit and taking it down in a round. Still got my Leviathan copy, though, since the setup still double-procced negotiator. Little weird about the time travel, though. Thought it saved every round.

EDIT: It also looks like some achievement rewards were reset while still giving credit for completing them, so free repeat rewards.

HPanda fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Sep 28, 2017

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

HPanda posted:

Hooray! And for anyone curious about how my situation panned out, no I didn't get credit for finishing the fight exactly. It started me on the round previous to the boss fight on the turn just before I took out the remaining troops. Had to fight the boss again, which if I'm being honest was no biggie cause it just involved leaning heavily on my friend unit and taking it down in a round. Still got my Leviathan copy, though, since the setup still double-procced negotiator. Little weird about the time travel, though. Thought it saved every round.

EDIT: It also looks like some achievement rewards were reset while still giving credit for completing them, so free repeat rewards.

Welp, sorry to hear that. Guess maintenance start means they just boot everyone off server rather than handling instances until they end.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?
Apparently the Gacha Gods decided to compensate me for my poo poo luck with weapons during the first week, because one five pull on the Weapon gacha immediately scored me the Violet Rod everybody and their dog seemed to have already and... motherfuckin' GUNGNIR which is a Z-level weapon. Can't complain anymore, I guess.

On a side note, I think I'm going to start intentionally crippling myself a bit for new story chapters. It's not quite as fun when you can just obliterate everything with Leviathan and a friend Djagos. :(

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

the problem with equipment-based mobage is that getting new character is more fun/interesting to me

unless the equipment changes their appearance, then that's completely different! :v:

i rolled once on the 2x character banner and got Ohryu and R'un (both SS), then a mix of A to SS equipment (no weapons) off the other banner.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

So are there characters you get from the gacha who can use different gear, like Sarah's Shortsword, or are your characters entirely based on the chapter you're at?

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

So are there characters you get from the gacha who can use different gear, like Sarah's Shortsword, or are your characters entirely based on the chapter you're at?

As of this time the only characters you can get are from the story and so far it seems like it's going to stay that way; we're probably going to get another character in Chapter 5 for a full party considering how the most recent chapter ended. Also, since the game doesn't really make it clear, your friend characters can use Sarah's Shortsword, but none of the characters in your own party can.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Evil Fluffy posted:

Pretty sure Sarah's Garb/Sword is more of a collector's/tutorial/for friends only thing. We dont know what happens in the story down the line if we even get her back or what. It's not very good FWIW.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Is the 2 energy for sync play in story mode just a first time clear thing or can it be done multiple times?

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
Nah one time thing. I believe there's multiple one times though. 1 energy for clear on normal play, 2 on synced, 1 energy on the map for normal and another on synced, since their treasure pools are different. Possible 5 per chapter if I'm right. I just cleared ch 4 on synced when I did normal on the previous 3 then synced, so I hope it still gives the normal clear energy.

By the way, has anyone tried the earlier chapters since the patch? 12 seconds to move makes moving around on the map feel way better.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Wow, the rerolling takes ages and I tossed my team of SS's to roll a Z. At least it's mostly loading screens instead of long combat tutorials...

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Is there anything special as a drop from raids? Haven't gotten any equipment but 100 needles, and wondering how much I should be running them. Still nice to get zappers and mighties for basically no effort.

Also any idea how important ranking is for gear drops? I tend to do well only when I get in within seconds of start.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I've gotten S-SS ranking in raids a few dozen times and I think one of my two dagger drops came from it. I forget what rank I got a staff drop on but the drop rates for the raid gear is so terrible. I hope that hosts get a drop rate boost since they actually spend stamina.

Seeric
Aug 18, 2011
The current raid can drop Ancient Staff and Magic Dagger. You can see their max stats (after fully unleashing them) if you click on the 'Details' button instead of the 'Roll out!' button. The Dagger is kinda not great, but the staff gives a full 3 rows to mega skill range when capped even if its damage is mediocre. They are both incredibly rare to the point that I've done the raid well over 50 times (I have 445 coins and have used a few on recodes) and I've only gotten the staff twice and I have yet to get the dagger. At this point unless you really need mage gear the main reason to do the raid is to stock up on co-op coins and/or Rank C Mighties.

Also, the last I heard there's currently a bug where hosts aren't actually using up stamina other than on rare occasions unless they patched it, though with all the other bugs they've been fixing I think one that makes players happy is low on their list.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Alright, I'm now convinced that the crashing on raid reward screens happens when I score high. It's literally every time I'm pretty sure I was top scorer that the app crashes before I can confirm it.

PBnJamo
Feb 11, 2014
I thought it wasn't using ap, but after clearing a leviathan it became clear that it was using ap. It was just a visual glitch and all my ap disappeared after. There's a lot of visual bugs truth be told.

Anyways, anyone get Leviathan equipment drops? Got a nice A rank helmet, but nothing else yet.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
I've got a whole bunch of mithril helmets from him. I also got some berets, but I'm not completely sure those were from Leviathan. Could've been from Orbling King. Been farming them both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Is there any reason that SS thunder girl's skill's range isn't as big when anyone other than Sara uses it?

• Locked thread