Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I am very slowly playing through the first story chapter and it's got me intrigued. The gameplay is something I've never experienced before. Is the story supposed to make sense for someone who played TB1 or is this a completely fresh story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

HPanda posted:

drat. I was fighting Leviathan, won, got another copy of him, and then the maintenance started before it went to the reward screen. Wonder if I'll get credit for that one. Sucks that the last two hours of the event are being taken up by maintenance. Just got to the point of being able to take down normal Leviathan reliably and farmed a few copies. Another day of the event would have been fantastic.

I've had a few crash issues so far in story mode. The game has consistently been able to return me where I was, even to the exact turn when I crashed mid-attack. I'm pretty sure your rewards are safe!

Finally beat chapter 3 after playing a few hours straight. I think I may be hooked. So far all my rolls have been A or below. Looking at the drop rates trying to aim for a Z rank drop via rerolling seems like an exercise in frustration. Maybe I'll just level up my freebie guardian while farming for energy.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

HPanda posted:

Hooray! And for anyone curious about how my situation panned out, no I didn't get credit for finishing the fight exactly. It started me on the round previous to the boss fight on the turn just before I took out the remaining troops. Had to fight the boss again, which if I'm being honest was no biggie cause it just involved leaning heavily on my friend unit and taking it down in a round. Still got my Leviathan copy, though, since the setup still double-procced negotiator. Little weird about the time travel, though. Thought it saved every round.

EDIT: It also looks like some achievement rewards were reset while still giving credit for completing them, so free repeat rewards.

Welp, sorry to hear that. Guess maintenance start means they just boot everyone off server rather than handling instances until they end.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
It took me a while to realize weapons affect attack range. They are also often unlocked only after getting the weapon to level 10 or so. Swords tend to have horizontal attack pattern while polearms have a vertical. Staves depend but can often have a cross pattern.

Attack patterns also have MEGA or GIGA designations. I guess these refer to the maximum skill level of a guardian ability the weapon affects?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Big shoutout to goons with lvl 99 Djagos with cross pattern attacks making last day Leviathan farming a cinch. :toot:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Picking double leviathans for the sea monster itself is not a good idea. The trash can be oneshot every round but the boss itself gains health from my maelstorm... :downsgun:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
What the heck is a capsule and why do some guardians have skills related to it?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Heads up: the next update rolls during today's maintenance. The scheduled downtime starts 10 PM PDT and will do the following:

• Achievements become unavailable! If you have any unclaimed achievement rewards or want to complete some easy ones, do it before the maintenance! No word on whether or not they are gone for good. However...
  • ...All achievements become unlocked meaning even more free stuff including energy! Could be achievement system becomes obsolete for good.
  • Whopping 90 free energy! Meaning 30 free gacha draws! This comes as compensation for changes in certain guardians. To be eligible all you have to do is have an active game account before maintenance starts. If you have a friend who's on the fence whether or not to play the game now's a great time to try the game out.
  • New story chapter!
  • New event!
  • Updated Pact lineup, probably meaning new guardians!
  • Bug fixes.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
The new selection of guardians is exclusive to pact ticket it seems. Good thing I got two out of the update!

Got S rank Uhse (a wind based mage) and SS Roland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I've never had it working. :(

• Locked thread