Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheSmilingJackal
Apr 30, 2007

Don't worry, it's a very heavy feather.

Samizdata posted:

Still trying to work out the three testes though,

:eng101: Well you see, unlike the other two, the third testicle produces sperm during sex.

Hope that answers your question without raising any others!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSmilingJackal
Apr 30, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

3. This is the least entertaining thing possible to mock the book for or care about at all, you dork. And you wonder why A human heart hates this thread.

Eh, different things will stick out to people as being naggingly wrong with the story telling or prose. OP hates all of the "oct" prefixes, someone else complained about smiling dialog.

For my part, I'm endlessly annoyed that generic classes (ie- human, furlite, monii, etc) are capitalized. I think that because Main Coon is capitalized, she thinks cat is capitalized too.

I also think it is stupid that the child welfare laws of this planet are set up to split the children from the vast majority of their family for no good reason. But that's less quibbling than bad grammar complaints.

But I think this thread has enough room for all of our baffled irritation! Complaints large and small are all welcome! Let your incredulity run free and wild like a shartball in the wind!

TheSmilingJackal
Apr 30, 2007

quote:

Elara waited as Shaltra detached the infant from her breast.

Sooooo, not lizards then.

Honestly what was the point of making them dinosaurs if you didn't want any reptilian features?

TheSmilingJackal
Apr 30, 2007

I think "failure to understand the basics of evolution" can jump to the top of this book's sins list. Goddamn, reading that hurt.

TheSmilingJackal
Apr 30, 2007

They spent their whole childhood together, presumably past the one year old mark for the girl- so even if they didn't creepily bond at birth, they could have creepily bonded at toddlerhood, which is an apparently acceptable bonding age for the freaks. Why did no one figure this poo poo out when the girl had an emotional break down after the separation? If this was a thing that happens? They had years to figure this poo poo out.

Goddamnit the only reason they figured it out now and not before is because the characters are 'on screen' now that the book has started. So loving stupid.

• Locked thread