Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Moving on to this is gonna be interesting, because the author is bugfuck insane in an entirely different way than Lani.

Labes for days posted:

Bless you for creating this thread.

Whoa whoa whoa, you're telling me she didn't come up with an alien replacement for this? Immersion... ruined. :reject:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
At least so far, it really is more "insane" than "incompetent", while Handbook for Mortals was both in equal measure.

Not counting the art. Good lord, those things are hideous. At least HoM has a nice cover, even if it's the result of tricking an artist into ripping off another.

TenCentFang fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Sep 22, 2017

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't see why measurements and things like that get picked out when they apparently have English words like "is" or "yes" or "most". It's just random TV Nihon-esque bullshit but with dumb made up furry alien poo poo.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

chitoryu12 posted:

Semi-related, I'm looking in the back of the book. There is:

1. An appendix of the solar system of Aroriel (including diagrams and pictures of the planet).

2. A national, elevation, and climate map for Aroriel.

3. The layout of the Sunpyne.

4. A diagram of clocks explaining Furlitian time measurement.

5. A full Aroriellian calendar and description of every single unit of measurement.

6. Facts on Furlitian biology and evolution.

7. Foods.

8. Explanations of the physiological and psychological bonds formed between Furlites (the chybut is a third testicle that descends during sex to produce sperm).

9. Direct translations of every single Furlitian insult.

10. A full description of the space fleet, including ranking systems and acronyms.

11. Aroriellian law and government, including the entire Aroriellian Charter.

12. Additional notes on animals and biological statistics of Furlites.

13. Family trees for all clans seen in the book.

14. The footnotes section.

Continuing the tradition of Tolkien and Herbert, I see.

That or all of this is real and the aliens chose the wrong person to beam their messages to.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

chitoryu12 posted:

Considering that she misspelled "Monii" in her very second reference to the creatures, I'm not exactly confident that she's going to maintain perfect continuity and figure out all the proper math for the units she created.

Maybe she was dipping into a regional spelling variation.

• Locked thread