Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
HAH the Pig's theatrical voice is covering up a southern drawl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
siiiiiick he's got a fuggin batstang

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

muscles like this! posted:

While I liked the episode as a whole, it is kind of a problem to have a big dramatic moment being Jerome dying when that has already happened once before. Especially his line about creating copycats which already happened.

I guess maybe they felt like they killed him the first time way too quickly and this is basically supposed to be a do-over.

I really thought they did a good job the first time around, I clearly understood that they set up The Joker as like a weird force of nature and not any one guy and that totally works for Gotham.

But the actor they got is actually really really good (i'm sure you've seen Shameless) and they certainly wasted him getting rid of Joker so quickly. So I was glad he came back.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

shades of eternity posted:

I honestly wondering if they are going to explain how penguin got down from the blimp. :p

brainstorming how to get down is the origin of the omnibrella

"if I could just use this umbrella as a parachute... it'd need to be reenforced... might as well make it out of bulletproof kevlar... and if it's bulletproof, it'd be neat if it could shoot bullets as well..."

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I never thought Gotham would work when I first heard about it, but it's become or of my favourite shows. It has such great art direction, and a weird little world they've created.

The reboot thing sounds weird, but I can't imagine they'd take everything they built up and completely ruin it. The refocusing on Proto Batman sounds pretty good though.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah Fox is on a warpath, The Mick is one of the funniest shows on TV

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

nooneofconsequence posted:

First one was too young for them to sex up, second one wasn't sexy enough(?).

yeah it was this. and it was super gross, since there was absolutely NOTHING wrong with the original actress's performance other than she didn't get as 'hot' as the one who plays Selina so they traded her off for someone with cleavage. Literally the FIRST thing the new actress does is try to gently caress somebody in order to escape.

In a production that makes SO. MANY. GOOD. choices with their characters, it was one giant glaring mis-step that sorta casts a shadow over the entire thing.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jun 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Like, they made young handsome Penguin gay, they steered RIGHT into it and made him confess his love for The fuggin Riddler who scorns him, and this causes one of the major conflicts of the season. Just because Riddler likes a lady instead, and Penguin is an immature weirdo who can't deal. So loving great. I love Penguin.

But then they dropped the ball so hard on the Ivy thing when there were other options. She was a homeless girl, have her older sister track her down. Simple as that, new character.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 11, 2018

• Locked thread