Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

I did laugh at the Hobos listening to a victrola of Solomon Grundy.

As fast as they set that whole thing up I'm expecting Penguin to just hold a meeting of bad guys and start handing out super villain names and costumes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I enjoyed The Riddler trying to bring some WWE into Gotham.

nooneofconsequence posted:

That was gruesome.

Why would anyone fight Grundy at this point?

I can believe that there would be a steady stream of people to fight but I'm not sure how a ton of extremely poor people apparently just living a fight club watching murders all day is a profitable business. Nobody can be betting against Grundy at this point.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I'm calling it that Pyg has a bunch of accomplices slowly wheel something into the GCPD like a giant birthday cake while all of the cops stand and stare at them until they start shooting and 75 more cops are gone.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Just caught up.

Can Penguin please kill Little Miss Falcone now? She's almost as bad as Fish

I was expecting some kind of elaborate plot that proved her father was wrong and that she was ready to take over Gotham by force if she had to. Not sleeping with someone and giving someone else his mother's cooking.

I guess my problem isn't with her, it's just that everyone at the top of Gotham is apparently really dumb and she spent about a week tricking them by looking up "deceit" in the dictionary. I think even as dumb as the show can be sometimes all of the characters involved are better than that.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 3, 2017

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

I don't know if I can handle anymore winking at the camera prequel bullshit in my comic book shows. It took me forever to get over that with Gotham.

"This case is really Bizarro isn't it?"
"....This alien artifact comes from somewhere bad......The.....Dark....Side?"

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Also when did he acquire hypnotism superpowers?

He originally had to actually hypnotize people and spent a good long time trying to convince Gordon to jump off of a roof. Now after hearing ten random words Bullock is pre-programmed with elaborate conditioning about jumping off of a roof at a specific time and refusing to save himself.

Being able to hypnotize people into doing murders or whatever was at least plausible but now just hearing his voice period apparently lets him control your mind.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
What? an evil hypnotist is an alright premise for a bad guy and he used the watch and everything at the start. His first victim was done during an actual hypnotism during a show and getting Gordon to jump off of a building was a pretty elaborate affair.

That, to me, is way more plausible than

"Hickory dickory dock. The clock......"
*immediately attacks someone and runs up to a roof ready to execute a set of instructions*

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

evilmiera posted:

So what count are we on people getting shot and falling into things or into water?

Well in the Gotham universe bullets hit about as hard as an infant fist so I'll give them some slack if the characters consider guns a first option and most people either survive long enough to monologue and fall into something or just live completely.

Maybe they never had World Wars in that universe so Ammunition manufacturers have been cutting corners for a century just making really cheap substandard bullets to cut costs.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

JediTalentAgent posted:

This is going to sound like an obvious observation, but if feels like Gordon seems to have really replaced Bruce/Batman as the reason for all the weirdos being in Gotham.

By the time Batman finally rolls into Gotham, the supercriminals will be antagonizing an ineffectual Dark Knight just to force Gordon to come out of the shadows to deal with them.

This makes me curious how Gotham would handle the typical Adult Batman/Gordon dynamic.

Usually it's a regular cop calling the weirdo vigilante for secret rooftop meetings. He has to ask for help because of the outrageous characters and unorthodox tactics they are using that the extrajudicial Batman can better deal with and understand.

Now Gordon is basically a Batman with a badge. When someone hopped up on super strength serum wants to steal the skeletons of children to make a voodoo dirty bomb Gordon calls up Batman to tell him to stay at home and not get into any trouble. Hell Gordon is the one rescuing him most of the time.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I guess the next time someone shoots him a few times they could say he was actually injured by it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Did Barbara really just put up a huge "No Boys Allowed" sign on her clubhouse?

That finale was basically this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6vBSdO2nmY&t=38s

• Locked thread