Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I'm guessing at this point they're unofficially backtracking on Jerome not being the Joker?

It would be a massive troll at this point to bait and switch this hard.

To be honest I was half expecting that bleach to end up playing a part in turning his skin white this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

VictorianQueerLit posted:

This makes me curious how Gotham would handle the typical Adult Batman/Gordon dynamic.

Usually it's a regular cop calling the weirdo vigilante for secret rooftop meetings. He has to ask for help because of the outrageous characters and unorthodox tactics they are using that the extrajudicial Batman can better deal with and understand.

Now Gordon is basically a Batman with a badge. When someone hopped up on super strength serum wants to steal the skeletons of children to make a voodoo dirty bomb Gordon calls up Batman to tell him to stay at home and not get into any trouble. Hell Gordon is the one rescuing him most of the time.

Gordon is still in his what, thirties (?) in this series, Bruce is in his teens. It's easy enough for it to be explained that by the time the supervilains are in their prime, Gordon's past his and has to reluctantly rely on a grown up Batman to deal with them because he just physically can't.

I mean how often has Gordon survived in this series by dumb luck or the skin of his teeth? All we need is a plot where he's given a permanent limp or something and then we need Batman.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, this is just good news as far as I'm concerned.

I mean, I'm worried that they'll also end up shucking some cast members, but I imagine that if they do it'll be Sophia, Rás and Lucius Fox. AKA none of the best characters.

Fingers crossed for a fourth Ivy and a third Kringle.

It's pretty funny how often they've changed Ivy for what's been a total of about 6 episodes? None of which had any real consequence to the plot.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

To be honest, some of the last mini arc (the Joker stuff) felt like the writers had spent all their time focusing on that, but neglected all of the other storylines.

Like, they had the grand idea of Joker escalating things to a new level then at done point pivoted that into no man's land. In doing so though, they forgot that the progression of the other villains was nowhere near gangland level and had to scramble through a number of silly plots establishing them.

Namely all of the Barbara stuff.

It would explain the ivy no show because they either forgot about her completely or things were drafted so last minute that actress #3 wasn't available.

• Locked thread