Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
drat that was a fine rear end Thursday Night Football game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Game of the year

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

And next week is CHI (heh) vs GB (meh) with Nantz / Romo (:woop:)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

41-39 had never happened before, so we watched history :toot:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
80 combined points game, decided by a missed PAT.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
To repeat what I said in the GDT: yo gently caress Jeff Triplette

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

motherFUCK you, Jeff Triplette

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Ya'll mad at Triplette, but Robbie Gould is really to blame for no OT.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Bias might be showing, but after some of those bullshit calls on the Rams, I'm glad they didn't get screwed out of a win, even if it took a ref-screw on the other side to insure it.

Bad reffing, good game.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Ya'll mad at Triplette, but Robbie Gould is really to blame for no OT.

Well sure, but I would have loved another chance to laugh at him missing or laugh at the Rams

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/NFL_Scorigami/status/911075653079969792

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Kalli posted:

I wanna see a replay of that OPI, but I';m never gonna disparage OPI calls since they need to be called way more often.

They refused to replay it for good reason: 49ers beat writers say they rewatched it in the press box, and it was a total phantom call.

I doubt you'll ever see it again.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
That was shockingly great. If I were a fan of either team, I'd feel pretty good. Better for the Rams, obviously, but the 49ers offense looked good. If Marqise Goodwin can keep catching like that, he'll be a star.
Also, this game made me sad. Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, and Marqise Goodwin are all cool and good, and all were once Bills.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Coldforge posted:

They refused to replay it for good reason: 49ers beat writers say they rewatched it in the press box, and it was a total phantom call.

I doubt you'll ever see it again.

This angle sucks, but the endzone angle better show that right arm doing something nasty then limpdicking or yeah, awful call:

https://twitter.com/Rob_Lowder/status/911074459460579328

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjOZtWZ56lc

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

fartknocker posted:

To repeat what I said in the GDT: yo gently caress Jeff Triplette

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/909601050071633920

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams are good

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Zerilan posted:

80 combined points game, decided by a missed PAT.

no it was decided by a weird looking old man

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

blue squares posted:

no it was decided by a weird looking old man

Maybe would have been optimal if the 9ers hadn't given up what was essentially a pick-6 on their first play from scrimmage, too

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

shirts and skins posted:

Maybe would have been optimal if the 9ers hadn't given up what was essentially a pick-6 on their first play from scrimmage, too

This is my least favorite of all sports hot takes. "Should have played a perfect game and then the ref mistakes wouldn't have mattered."

No.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Coldforge posted:

This is my least favorite of all sports hot takes. "Should have played a perfect game and then the ref mistakes wouldn't have mattered, lol."

No.

I'm not saying they didn't matter. Just -- there were cock-ups all around on this one, refs included. If you wanna go that route, the Rams got screwed too. Just sucks that the OPI basically ended the game.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Boo Triplette!

Yay Rams and Niners! Instant classic no one probably saw cuz it was a tnf game between the Rams and Niners.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Coldforge posted:

This is my least favorite of all sports hot takes. "Should have played a perfect game and then the ref mistakes wouldn't have mattered."

No.

I mean 'play a perfect game' and 'do not throw the easiest pick in the world on the first play of the game' aren't exactly the same thing. That throw was absolutely horrific by Hoyer, in no imaginable world does that work out for him.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Jeff Triplette and Robbie Gould should give each other pity handjobs in the hotel tonight

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Hoyers decision making is his crippling flaw

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Grittybeard posted:

I mean 'play a perfect game' and 'do not throw the easiest pick in the world on the first play of the game' aren't exactly the same thing. That throw was absolutely horrific by Hoyer, in no imaginable world does that work out for him.

Not denying that, but it's immaterial. A mistake made by a player on one side or another is largely how the winning team gets ahead. Teams play against each other, not against each other and the refs. Unless you're the Seahawks D or LeBron James, I guess.

There's a reason coaches have been trying to make all calls reviewable for a few years, now.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
This was my doing. I said no, Rams @ 49ers is trash. You don't want to watch this game. This is your most base self wanting to feeding a football addiction. Rams/49ers is the football equivalent of a midnight bag of Twinkies. I asserted self control, turned off the television, and spent time with my loved ones.

And I missed scorigami. Never again.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Super Fan posted:

Hoyers decision making is his crippling flaw

Eye defect. Please stop shaming him for being unable to see defenders, there's no known corrective surgery and he just has to live with his disability.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
hey you forgot (again) in the thread title.

god fire that dumb yokel already.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Coldforge posted:

Teams play against each other, not against each other and the refs. Unless you're the Seahawks D or LeBron James, I guess.

Someone didn't watch the opener in Green Bay. :v:

Of course, rather than blame that loss on the several game changing horrendous calls that went against Seattle, I...blame it on the poo poo offensive line, as I imagine you do too. Since there's a pretty wide gap between perfect play and whatever Luke Joeckel and Bryan Hoyer decided to do that led to those respective turnovers.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol "several"

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

shirts and skins posted:

rather than blame that loss on the several game changing horrendous calls that went against Seattle, I...blame it on the poo poo offensive line

Loooool, sure sounds like you don't blame them at all. :)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Couldn't watch the game because I don't have nfl network, and Amazon video doesn't start streaming till next week. Thanks NFL!

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
The NFL fines everyone for everything, time to start fining the refs for poo poo calls if they aren't going to make them reviewable

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Fining people for judgement calls is a real bad idea

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

CharlestheHammer posted:

Fining people for judgement calls is a real bad idea

They should even do it live during the game, it'll rejuvenate the ratings. Imagine how many fans would love to watch Triplette break down crying after Goodall fucks him for 100k

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don't think most fans know who Tripplet is

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wade Phillips coached D gave up 39 to this 49ers squad lmao

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

The game was wait for it... Legendary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't think most fans know who Tripplet is

I agree that's a terrible idea but having said that....I mean if we're talking about 'people who watch games' most fans don't know who their own team's left tackle is, so yeah you're right. On the other hand anyone who's paid attention for a while knows who Jeff Triplette is. Which is a bad thing to say about a non-Guns ref who makes himself well known for not over-explaining (and guns) reasons.

I am not against the idea of disciplining refs who gently caress up repeatedly in very memorable ways. The NFL actually does some of this internally I know, but Triplette should have been relieved of his job a while ago. Also the NFL hired Phil Luckett to oversee the replacement refs when that fiasco was going on and that man was Triplette on steroids.

Anyway, NBC NFLN never showed us an appropriate angle so in this particular instance I don't know exactly how bad the call was. It certainly looked bad from the wide field, but it's possible it looked way worse from an angle I haven't seen.

Intruder posted:

Wade Phillips coached D gave up 39 to this 49ers squad lmao

Yeah this was the most surprising thing of the night (other than a ton of points). I didn't expect them to completely shut down the 49ers like the Seahawks did at home, but I expected a lot more than I saw.

• Locked thread