Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Yug posted:

Uh okay? I don't know what this means or what it has to do with Pat Mcafee being excellent.

Did you know your name backwards is guY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Fans need to get used to the concept that no ref is perfect and mistakes will always be made and calls always missed unless you want to make every play reviewed and make the games 8 hours long. It's fine, it's part of the drat game, they'll even out over time

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

I'm about two things, good people and good dunks:

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/911189025184239621

He's Marshawn approved

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Phobeste posted:

Fans need to get used to the concept that no ref is perfect and mistakes will always be made and calls always missed unless you want to make every play reviewed and make the games 8 hours long. It's fine, it's part of the drat game, they'll even out over time

Yeah refs have to call it in realtime and we can all sit on our couches dissecting in everything in HD, but still gently caress jeff triplette

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Phobeste posted:

Furthermore, the tuck rule was the right call

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Phobeste posted:

I think making every play and flag reviewable, but keeping the current number of challenges the same, would go a long way.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Time posted:

Furthermore, the tuck rule was the right call

Yug rereg?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Blitz7x posted:

Yeah refs have to call it in realtime and we can all sit on our couches dissecting in everything in HD, but still gently caress jeff triplette

I actively dread Jeff Triplette getting assigned Lions' games since it always seems to result in some disaster (See the Bears game last year where they called a facemask penalty on the Lions player who was getting grabbed by the facemask)

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Blitz7x posted:

Yug rereg?

no, it was just the correct call

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What in the world is scorigami?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

A final score of an NFL game occurring for the first time ever. 41-39 was never a final score until Thursday.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

A made up word for a score that has never happened before.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Something for people who are both math nerds and sports fans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l5C8cGMueY

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

OperaMouse posted:

I think making every play and flag reviewable, but keeping the current number of challenges the same, would go a long way.

Yeah I could get on that. Also there should be a time limit for how long a review can last because it's not like watching the two blurry pixels between definitely green and maybe green for the 6001st time will tell you conclusively whether a guy was down

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Also the tuck rule was the correct call anyway so I don't know why you bring it up.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I wanted to praise the referees for doing a good job on the biggest stage with all eyes on them. With just a few minor tweaks to the way the review process works, they should be able to leverage that type of expertise into well officiated games that are completed with only a few annoying stoppages

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I got mad because my area is no longer getting the Giants/Eagles game. Which makes sense since it's a 1:00 PM game and I'm in the Patriots exclusion zone, but still. :argh:

Also just noticed that SNF's game next week is Colts/Seahawks. :shepface:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Quiet Feet posted:

Also just noticed that SNF's game next week is Colts/Seahawks. :shepface:

I'd like to know who watched the Colts last year and went: "Yes, this is a team that everyone in the country needs to watch."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Athanatos posted:

I'd like to know who watched the Colts last year and went: "Yes, this is a team that everyone in the country needs to watch."

TBF we all thought Luck would be fine this year until camp started and Pagano was like "uhhhhhh :shrug:"

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
They don’t get the ability to move games between slots until the second half of he season IIRC.

Of course the question then becomes why anyone looking at last year’s Colts would think that this game deserves a prime time slot, and that I don’t know.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Benne posted:

TBF we all thought Luck would be fine this year until camp started and Pagano was like "uhhhhhh :shrug:"

They need to be able to move the games the whole season.

Also:

Kawalimus posted:

Shoulda just gone birding today.

Also also:

Jags are about to be 2-1 with upcoming games:

@NYJ
@PIT
LA
@IND
CIN

Jags could easily start 6-2

And the backhalf of their schedule is:

LAC
@CLE
@ARI
IND
SEA
HOU
@SF
@TEN

Could the Jags be a playoff team? The Titans obviously look like a much better team but their D has been extremely impressive with the exception of the Titans game.

axeil fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 24, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

axeil posted:

They need to be able to move the games the whole season.

Also:

Also also:

Jags are about to be 2-1 with upcoming games:

@NYJ
@PIT
LA
@IND
CIN

Jags could easily start 6-2

And the backhalf of their schedule is:

LAC
@CLE
@ARI
IND
SEA
HOU
@SF
@TEN

Could the Jags be a playoff team? The Titans obviously look like a much better team but their D has been extremely impressive with the exception of the Titans game.
No.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Jags strike me as being one solid draft from being a playoff team. I don't trust Bortles yet and they need some help on o-line, but that defense has been impressive and they have enough talent on offense to be solid if they can block better. Fournette is very good, as is their WRs when Robinson is healthy.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Glad the ravens came to london so that I could of see them losing 7-44. They were loving awful on both sides of the ball, there were more raven fans in the stands but everyone was deflated after 3-and-out 3 times and then an interception. First time I ever saw them live as well.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That solid draft better include a starting QB because Bortles will never get there.

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
Jesus loving Christ Ravens, that was literally the worst game I've ever seen of you, and I remember Kyle Boller, starting QB. Or the time I was yearning for Troy Smith to start.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Grats

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:stare:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Ravens are not a good team. Some of it is their fault some of it is bad luck. I believe we should blow up the franchise and start over. This team has to modernize. We need a new coach, QB, and approach to team building.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is how it feels when doves cry :yaycloud:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol Ravens

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
*wakes up, checks score*

What the gently caress.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Couldn't be more proud of my Football team kneeling for an entire game in protest of President Trump. A truly inspiring performance.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Benne posted:

lol Ravens

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Cat teams eat bird teams

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Its Rinaldo posted:

Cat teams eat bird teams

Yeah the feral cats can be pretty bad. Those poor birds at sunset park...I just know some of those rarities are gonna wind up cat food(in fact they got some last year iirc). I hope they can do something about it and get those cats outta there!

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 24, 2017

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm starting to wonder if we will end up with a coaching change this season. At some point Bisciotti has to get sick of this, injuries be damned.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm starting to wonder if we will end up with a coaching change this season. At some point Bisciotti has to get sick of this, injuries be damned.

I'd let Harbaugh finish out the season at least. Give any new coach a chance not to come in with the offensive line in this state. I wish Dick Vermeil were a young man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

I'd let Harbaugh finish out the season at least. Give any new coach a chance not to come in with the offensive line in this state. I wish Dick Vermeil were a young man.

Oh I definitely wouldn't get rid of him during the season, but harbs is a CEO type coach and he's hitched his wagon to Dean Pees and Marty f'n Morninghoweveryouspellit. I know I'm preaching to the choir but at some point I'd be curious to see how the team would do if it had a coach with a philosophy that wasn't "3 yards and a cloud of dust".

• Locked thread