Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I've said from January on that this year really feels like it's going to be, or at least going to lead to next year being, the decision between who to keep: Harbaugh or Flacco. It's obvious at least one has to go sooner than later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Both should go. It's time to start over, just like it was after 2007.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Da Browns might go 0-16 this year for real. Just awful. Getting crushed by a bad team is not a good sign.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cams done.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Delete the Miami Dolphins from the NFL

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Glad to get a win. I don't know if the Saints D looking good was more on them or on Cam being hurt, but they looked like they did in the preseason.

All I ask is for a decent defense. I'm not asking for a top 10 defense. Just a decent one.

14-2 still technically possible. :getin:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What the hell did the Jets do to the Dolphins?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
That flag on Von was loving horseshit

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jay Cutler is awful and I miss my baby boy

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/912045365968371714

well that's... not how i expected this to go

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What the hell did the Jets do to the Dolphins?

They were the Jets

Said it before, will say it again: the most Jets thing to do the one year everyone expects them to go, and they'd benefit most by going, 0-16 is to get at least a few wins

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

The Bills D is really good. The secondary was suspect before the season but Gaines and White have been really good and even Hyde and Poyer have been good. If the offense can keep up this team might not actually be in tank mode.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/armandosalguero/status/912046847832838144

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

The Bills D is really good. The secondary was suspect before the season but Gaines and White have been really good and even Hyde and Poyer have been good. If the offense can keep up this team might not actually be in tank mode.

T-Pegs gonna trade Tyrod and Shady at the bye

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Detroit Football Lions

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Steelers can't beat any bad teams and I don't know why :psyduck:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Chris James 2 posted:

The Detroit Football Lions

Holy gently caress

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Deshaun Watson looked fantastic.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol that people still count out Touchdown Tom.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Deshaun Watson is The For Real Deal. Shame about the result.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tom Brady is... good!

That was a really good game. The Patriots defense is... frustrating in its inability to get off the field. Partly by design, but my god, they're breaking way too much right now.

Offensive line injuries also let them get beaten up... I mean, they should get beat up by the Texans front 7, but Brady had 3(!) fumbles on blindside hits, they got really lucky they only gave up one score on that poo poo.

Watson had a much better gameplan this week. He ran a lot, and the Texans' gameplan was to keep everything manageable, and that let Watson go crazy. He had a bunch of scrambles that were all devestatingly effective, as well as two plays where he evaded pressure and made huge completions downfield.

The Texans secondary is much worse then its front seven, when Brady had any kind of time he carved them up.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Was joking earlier in the game about preserving the Lions persecution complex re: officiating.

The ref conspiracy against Detroit is strong, and real, and decidedly not my friend.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Steelers coordinators on both sides of the ball should be on the hot seat at this point.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

achillesforever6 posted:

Hope that theory holds next week!

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014
If you were ever curious about what kind of stupid rules the NFL has, just watch a lions game. They will find one for you and lose because of it

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I'm convinced that the Texans would've won if the refs actually flagged the Patriots receivers for pushing off, especially Cooks (WITH TWO HANDS) on that last possession

At least I get to be optimistic about Watson, while hoping that O'Brien doesn't ruin him until we get a new coach

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Every highlight I saw of the pats game was some receiver in a sea of open field. Texans secondary is trash.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

i want to die, how in the gently caress did Elliott hit a 61 yarder

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Same old Steelers, but all three of those huge OT runs had blatantly missed holding calls.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
But at the same time going blow for blow with (arguably) the best team in the league is nothing to be ashamed of. The defense in particular really stepped up.

I am very annoyed BUT there is reason for optimism into Detroit.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Sep 24, 2017

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
season over, don't care

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I need a nap

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Bears somehow escape with the win, largely thanks to a lackluster effort by Pittsburgh. The defense showed up though, and it was good to see the front seven have a good game.
Glennon and the Bears' receivers are absolutely god awful. Just embarrassingly bad.

Good thing Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen own bones.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How do I kneel down in protest of these loving refs.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I hope Aaron Rodgers is literally killed on the field. That's the only thing that can make the NFL palatable again. Otherwise, I've finally reached the last straw.

Move every team to LA to play in front of 10,000 fans while Roger Goodell jacks off over it, this garbage league is done for

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

fishing with the fam posted:

Bears somehow escape with the win, largely thanks to a lackluster effort by Pittsburgh. The defense showed up though, and it was good to see the front seven have a good game.
Glennon and the Bears' receivers are absolutely god awful. Just embarrassingly bad.

Good thing Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen own bones.

https://twitter.com/BearsBarroom/status/912049290184359942

so does offensive holding

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Zerilan posted:

Every highlight I saw of the pats game was some receiver in a sea of open field. Texans secondary is trash.

It's amazing how open you can get when push offs aren't called.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Man the pats receivers can do anything they like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

achillesforever6 posted:

Bad coaching.

• Locked thread