Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Rivers puts up one of these games a season. He was totally off the mark and missing easy throws. Saying he's done is loving ludicrous, he never plays well against KC.

OL looked decent with two new starters on the right side. Pass protection was Good, run blocking was okay.

Defense looked good for the most part. Ingram and Bosa together are beasts. Trevor Williams held up well. I really want Perryman back in the middle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Rivers has had some great games against KC and some he blew with an untimely turnover.

Bob Sutton baited him into some challenging passes that he struggled with. Hot take and all, but I think it's time to stop giving him a pass on injuries, coaching, the sun, etc.

I'd of kept Spiller over West.

I'm not giving him a pass. He was the weak link today. That doesn't mean he's done.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

zimbomonkey posted:

On an unrelated note I'm really disappointed that no Panthers took a knee. It seems like an odd thing to be concerned about, but it just seems like none of them care. I know that they probably got the order from Jerry (which in itself is a GIGANTIC problem) but just a few short years ago people were low key saying the Panthers were "too black" (looking at you Tennessee mom). The Superbowl squad was a really loving black team and it kind of felt like a part of their identity. This team no longer has an identity and it makes them tough to watch on sundays.

:crossarms:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Christian McCaffrey and the Death of the Black Identity

lmao

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

Also one last thing about that Chiefs game: T. Williams and Inman are both playing poor. I was hoping Williams would take a step forward but his route running is as sloppy as last season's and Inman just isn't getting open. Granted the Denver and KC secondaries are great, but they weren't doing much against Miami either.

Allen's still really loving good though after the knee injury, so at least they have a WR who can get open right now.

Allen is incredibly fun to watch when he's healthy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Can't disagree.

I think this game could of been a dominating performance if Andy would stop getting cute with his playcalling and just fed the loving ball to Kareem Hunt.

Especially once it became evident that Alex Smith was a Melvin Ingram magnet. I haven't seen our pass rush look that good since 2006

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

I think the Redskins defense might actually be really good

Really good defense doesn't account for that offensive performance from Oakland. It was an aberration.

That game by Oakland was worse than some of their 2006 games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

• Locked thread