Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Who is Jeff and how did he manage to be worse than the 49ers and Rams?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know enough about the ins and outs of NFL rules but I sincerely do not understand why the Lions should not have been given one more play on that drive. From the replay angles it look like the call on the field should have stood but ok whatever, but because the officials got the call wrong the first time the Lions lose the chance to run another play? That's real bad.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

This is extremely fitting.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
But hey I guess you gotta laugh
https://twitter.com/Justin_Rogers/status/912053524304941057
https://twitter.com/Lions/status/912055225405624320

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

weird Asian candy posted:

It was the right call and the right ruling on a game Detroit didn't deserve to win anyway :shrug:

I mean Atlanta didn't deserve to win after gifting those dropped balls for picks and dumb penalties but oh well.

except if they didn't call it a loving TD in the first place the Lions could have run another play. "oh we messed up lol sorry you lose now" is bullshit.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Deserving to win and having the opportunity to win taken away because of a stupid rule are two very different things. The Lions run defense was terrible, but their offense played well and they picked off Matty Ice a couple times and capitalized on those opportunities. They also engineered what could have been a game winning drive but we'll never know because the refs made the wrong call on the field and the Lions got penalized for said wrong call. That's a poo poo way to end a sporting event.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Jonathan Fisk posted:

so the stupid rule was correctly applied?

Yes. Though I (as a partisan Lions fan) would argue that the ruling on the field should have stood.

And I'll fight you if you show me any video otherwise :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

weird Asian candy posted:

Tough loss and i didnt mean to minimize Detroit more than I meant to poo poo on my dumb team.

Y'all got a good team, it was an entertaining and stressful game. Good game Lion goons. Sorry for the poo poo ending.

No worries & TY, you're fine, I'm just tired of the Lions being the team that's on the losing end of a bullshit game-ending shenanigans. I mean that's part of being a Lions fan I guess but the Calvin Johnson rule was tough and this was even shitter, somehow

• Locked thread