Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The Lions got hosed. It looked like a good TD as it was, and to then have that 10 second runoff was horseshit.

Pretty surprised the Bills won especially with Denver shutting down the run. Bills defense is much improved even with the loss of Gilmore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

It's been mostly black people talking about Trump and equality. I know Kaepernick started it as more of an explicitly anti-police brutality statement, but it's morphed into something else and it's not because of white liberals that want to talk about Russia or whatever.

I've seen a lot of leftists on Twitter trying to blame the usual suspects for diluting Kaepernick's original intent, but I think you have to respect that most of the current players are very explicitly protesting against our white supremacist president.

Who knows?

All I know is the Bills won. As long as they keep winning they can become Satan-worshipping Communists and I'll eat it up.

I'd be willing to overlook child sacrifice to just get to the playoffs at this point.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Christian McCaffrey and the Death of the Black Identity

I can see this as either a thesis topic for a university degree, or a lovely ESPN article such as what if Michael Vick was white?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Kalli posted:

Harry Potter crossfic where the NFC South teams are the 4 Hogwarts houses

gently caress that's even better.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Romos good for how long he's been doing it, but not great. For instance he doesn't know when to shut up. He's calling touchdown when the play by play is calling it instead of waiting to comment which is pretty basic broadcast etiquette. Also the prediction thing is awesome to use once in awhile but he uses it past the point of annoyance. It's like when Mel Kiper is a cockblock and announces the pick and then 30 seconds later Goodell announces it.

A. There is a certain mystery that should be kept in the game. Romo has specialized knowledge and sees things that we don't but it isn't always in the best interest of the magician to reveal his secrets. At least he could be more subtle about it.

B. Some of what he predicts isn't exactly a mindfuck such as a run on third down and short with heavy personnel and doesn't need to be said except it might impress fans newer to the game I guess.

I think Nance could do more to help him.

Romo is super likeable overall and is doing fine but I think some of the praise he's getting especially from younger NFL fans is overstated especially when Romo himself would admit he can and will improve alot.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

Madden's last game was the Steelers/Cardinals Super Bowl.

I will always remember him dropping maddenisms all over the place, but right before the ball is snapped on the Harrison pick six he says "Gotta watch out for throwing a pick here"

And then midway through the 4th quarter he mentions something like "If I'm Palmer I'm looking Fitzgeralds way here". Boom! 64 yard TD to Fitz to take the lead.

Maybe coincidence but to me in the moment, it made me think "that's why this guy is the most famous announcer of all time".

Madden/Summerall were just the poo poo. They could make even lovely games entertaining. Al Michaels/Madden were underrated too. Al Michaels might be the only man alive who could do both play by play and color by himself for a national broadcast.

Keith Atherton posted:

I'm probably the only one on TFF to have experienced Don Meredith on MNF as the color guy with Howard Cosell and Frank Gifford

That was great

Way before my time but those guys were legit hilarious.

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Vin Scully if his life went a little differently and he called more football games?

Eh... Good one actually I think he could pull it off.

• Locked thread