Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Also yeah I do feel a lot less enthusiasm for this season. Being constantly reminded of this being a bloodsport, awful offensive line play and I guess fatigue is setting in. 3 years ago people wouldn't stop talking about the Seahawks, and you were shunned if you didn't wear a jersey on blue Friday. Today I rarely hear talk about the Seahawks around Seattle, and no one gives a poo poo about blue Friday anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

zimbomonkey posted:

On an unrelated note I'm really disappointed that no Panthers took a knee. It seems like an odd thing to be concerned about, but it just seems like none of them care. I know that they probably got the order from Jerry (which in itself is a GIGANTIC problem) but just a few short years ago people were low key saying the Panthers were "too black" (looking at you Tennessee mom). The Superbowl squad was a really loving black team and it kind of felt like a part of their identity. This team no longer has an identity and it makes them tough to watch on sundays.

holy poo poo lmao

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

ever since the ravens lost their defensive identity years ago, i realized it wasn't a defensive identity at all, you see that was a really loving black team and now that they no longer have that identity,

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

maybe the redskins arent that awful of a team and scored more points than the raiders

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i didn't say good

just not awful

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

you guys aren't making my smartass response to NC-17 easy!!!!

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i think if you have a timeout to burn in the lions situation you should have the option to use it after a review to kill the runoff

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Kalli posted:

Absolutely. I presume you can.. if they didn't let the Lions, then whew boy.

Also I think the better Lions argument is that he doesn't have possession of the ball until he's across the goal line. Seems dumb that at the point he's considered dead on replay, it'd clearly be an incompletion if the ball was swatted out.

i think the lions did have 1 timeout to burn

if the play was called correctly by the refs they would've burned it anyway to run another play, so in that case after the reviews if they have a timeout i really think the refs should ask if they want to burn one if they have it

i'm pretty certain this is coming up at the end of the season with the rulesbros

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

then i am dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

the only thing that ever came close to summerall/madden was tirico/gruden and that's still lightyears off

• Locked thread