Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/NFL_Scorigami/status/911075653079969792

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fire Capers.

Not wrong thread

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

cis autodrag posted:

There's no newbie thread so I'll ask here. I'm a packers fan but I had to move away from Wisconsin and an annoying number of the packers games aren't shown here because local teams are playing at the same time. I don't have directv, are there any other options for watching a game that's not being aired in my region?

Last I checked (a couple years ago) they had the radio broadcast for free online, legally.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fenrir posted:

How hot was it in the Midwest yesterday? It got to 91 here in upstate NY.

It's like August got here a month late after an early September.

90 at Lambeau at kickoff. Hottest Packer home game ever.

That makes the temp difference between hottest and coldest games (that matter) 105 degrees.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Having finally had the Tony Romo Experience, I hope to the gods he continues to study game film all the time because he knew his poo poo so well and doesn't lose that part.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hot take: fire Capers

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

fsif posted:

The contrarian rear end in a top hat part of me really wants to start the backlash against the football world gushing over Tony Romo, but I can't. Guy really seems like he has his finger on the pulse of the modern NFL unlike anyone else in the booth.

I really hope he keeps on top of things. He seemed like he was having lots of fun, to boot.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Seeing Romo dissect every play makes me wonder even more what Cutler would have been like in the booth.

9001 times more apathetic.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mr. Nice! posted:

Romo went to the booth because his back and collarbone have both been broken multiple times, his team moved on from him, and he could make a lot more money not getting maimed while just getting to relax and watch football all the time.

Aikman left the game because his noggin got rattled so many times it wasn't safe for him to play again by loving 1990s standards. Even then, Troy was never the student of the game that Romo was. Romo had a lot more in common with Peyton Manning than he did Aikman. I figure if Peyton ever wanted to get in the booth he would do a lot of the same things.

The one thing about Romo I do appreciate, after having dealt with Favre's bullshit, is that he understood his team had moved on. The media wanted to make hay of it, but he wisely hung it up instead of risking paralysis or worse.

And it got Simms out of the booth.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Al Michaels is probably one of the best all-sports broadcasters of all time, if not the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

TheBizzness posted:

Madden's last game was the Steelers/Cardinals Super Bowl.

I will always remember him dropping maddenisms all over the place, but right before the ball is snapped on the Harrison pick six he says "Gotta watch out for throwing a pick here"

And then midway through the 4th quarter he mentions something like "If I'm Palmer I'm looking Fitzgeralds way here". Boom! 64 yard TD to Fitz to take the lead.

Maybe coincidence but to me in the moment, it made me think "that's why this guy is the most famous announcer of all time".

Also want to comment on this, this is probably why Romo calls the games like he does, he grew up watching Madden and well, why not do what the greats do?

• Locked thread