Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Jags strike me as being one solid draft from being a playoff team. I don't trust Bortles yet and they need some help on o-line, but that defense has been impressive and they have enough talent on offense to be solid if they can block better. Fournette is very good, as is their WRs when Robinson is healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
A few observations on that Chargers/Chiefs game:

-Rivers stunk today. The chargers' o-line held up in pass pro for the most part and the run game got going for the first time all season, but he was totally off the mark for most of the game. Those picks he threw were absolute stinkers, especially when he was forcing it to a covered Gates and Marcus Peters swept in for it. It was just a really, really lovely game from a QB who you expect to do much better than that normally.

-I thought the defense actually kept KC well contained after their first two scoring drives - Bosa and Ingram played disciplined and held contain on Alex Smith much better than they had against the Broncos week one and the pass rush was sound for most of the game. Korey Toomer had a good game at MLB, he was blowing dudes up hard and well early on. Their safeties still really suck though and overall, they just wore down at the end when Hunt busted off that huge run. That guy is gonna be a super star, and the Chargers' D had a hard time answer for him all game.

-Keenan is looking like he's back to form. He was never a burner but he's still one of the best route runnners in the game and he had some very solid catches today. Benjamin had probably his best game as a Charger since they blew the Jags out last season. T. Williams fuckin stunk and they need to get Henry involved more in the offense

That was a pretty winnable game that they blew because of turnovers. Chiefs coasted once they built a two-TD lead and they still couldn't really do anything.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Rivers' arm strength is definitely declining but he's still a very good QB who had a poo poo game. The Chiefs have had Philip's number since 2014, which is why I thought it was stupid that a bunch of people were choosing the Chargers over KC.

That being said, and I hate saying it, but he's got maybe a year left and absolutely no more than two. I think all of those hits he took from 2011-16 caught up to him.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Also one last thing about that Chiefs game: T. Williams and Inman are both playing poor. I was hoping Williams would take a step forward but his route running is as sloppy as last season's and Inman just isn't getting open. Granted the Denver and KC secondaries are great, but they weren't doing much against Miami either.

Allen's still really loving good though after the knee injury, so at least they have a WR who can get open right now.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Vin Scully if his life went a little differently and he called more football games?

Vin Scully was really good at calling football games, it's a shame he didn't do it more often. He commented the '81 NFCCG with Hank Stram, they were both great.

• Locked thread