Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Kalli posted:

I wanna see a replay of that OPI, but I';m never gonna disparage OPI calls since they need to be called way more often.

They refused to replay it for good reason: 49ers beat writers say they rewatched it in the press box, and it was a total phantom call.

I doubt you'll ever see it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

shirts and skins posted:

Maybe would have been optimal if the 9ers hadn't given up what was essentially a pick-6 on their first play from scrimmage, too

This is my least favorite of all sports hot takes. "Should have played a perfect game and then the ref mistakes wouldn't have mattered."

No.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Grittybeard posted:

I mean 'play a perfect game' and 'do not throw the easiest pick in the world on the first play of the game' aren't exactly the same thing. That throw was absolutely horrific by Hoyer, in no imaginable world does that work out for him.

Not denying that, but it's immaterial. A mistake made by a player on one side or another is largely how the winning team gets ahead. Teams play against each other, not against each other and the refs. Unless you're the Seahawks D or LeBron James, I guess.

There's a reason coaches have been trying to make all calls reviewable for a few years, now.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Super Fan posted:

Hoyers decision making is his crippling flaw

Eye defect. Please stop shaming him for being unable to see defenders, there's no known corrective surgery and he just has to live with his disability.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

shirts and skins posted:

rather than blame that loss on the several game changing horrendous calls that went against Seattle, I...blame it on the poo poo offensive line

Loooool, sure sounds like you don't blame them at all. :)

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/PatMcAfeeShow/status/911074466263912448

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Watching Sherman melt down after his blatant DPI and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties was beautiful :D

Titan up! Is that a thing? I have no idea how Titan fandom works.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Manoueverable posted:

I was really hoping it'd be next season when the Hawks fell apart but I guess it's happening now. Oh well.

:cheers:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

OBR posted:

I was at Wembley today for Jags-Ravens. Bortles looked loving amazing.

If anything would make me believe the "NFL is rigged!" crowd, this is it. Jags play in front of their London crowd, and Bortles manages to look like an actual QB? :raise:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Kalli posted:

Let the bodies hit the floor

I guess that's the LT way on the ground to the right? How the hell does this happen?

They allllllll tried to cut block, and they all failed. SeahawksOline.gif

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

It was the Raiders OL that was the aberration. Their interior 3 are the best in the league and the Skins DL were pushing them around like sleds yesterday.

The Jim Tomsula effect. I miss that gassy man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Sour Diesel posted:

i didn't say good

just not awful

I'd actually argue the opposite. It's possible they're a good team while still being a totally awful team.

• Locked thread