Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

C-Euro posted:

I wonder if Romo's current booth prescience is related to the fact that he just retired, and the state of the game and its players is more or less identical to what it was when we left. I wonder if guys like Aikman were as on-point when they were just starting out in the booth.

Romo went to the booth because his back and collarbone have both been broken multiple times, his team moved on from him, and he could make a lot more money not getting maimed while just getting to relax and watch football all the time.

Aikman left the game because his noggin got rattled so many times it wasn't safe for him to play again by loving 1990s standards. Even then, Troy was never the student of the game that Romo was. Romo had a lot more in common with Peyton Manning than he did Aikman. I figure if Peyton ever wanted to get in the booth he would do a lot of the same things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It was really pretty when he'd hit a wide open Irvin (because of a push off) in stride for a TD, though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

euphronius posted:

Oh god I just mad again at Irvin's push offs after 20 years of dormancy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVcS8ifPFLQ

He was really good at other things, too!

That video really has it all. Amazing circus catches, juggling nonsense turning into touchdowns, John Madden trying to say Aeneas Williams, and a whole lot of blatant pushoffs that would be easy OPI calls today.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 26, 2017

• Locked thread