Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Fans need to get used to the concept that no ref is perfect and mistakes will always be made and calls always missed unless you want to make every play reviewed and make the games 8 hours long. It's fine, it's part of the drat game, they'll even out over time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

OperaMouse posted:

I think making every play and flag reviewable, but keeping the current number of challenges the same, would go a long way.

Yeah I could get on that. Also there should be a time limit for how long a review can last because it's not like watching the two blurry pixels between definitely green and maybe green for the 6001st time will tell you conclusively whether a guy was down

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Also the tuck rule was the correct call anyway so I don't know why you bring it up.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

The New England Patriots won today and that makes me happy. Also, the Pittsburgh Steelers lost and that too makes me happy

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

I'm pretty lol at people bleating about cheating constantly. play better and maybe you can win

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Someone mentioned this was a lot like that game against the Chargers in 2014 where it was super hot and the defense got gassed. 90 degrees and a lot of players were cramping up. Football isn't meant to be played in this weather. No excuse since Tennessee played in it, but I'm more concerned about lasting injuries now.

Listen I'm not saying it's the reason and I'm not mad about it and have this spirit of generosity but it's simply unfair to the sport to ever play it outside a 65-80 F temperature range and any game played outside that range basically doesn't count

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Frustrated posted:

I really wish the Texans owner would grow some balls and actually fire people when they were bad at their job. Rick Smith will never get fired no matter how poorly he drafts or mishandles free agency, and O'Brien mishandled the end of that game so badly he should have been thrown out of the plane on the way home.

1) Wasted a challenge when the Pats were going to punt anyway
2) Did not go for it on 4th and a foot from the Pats 18 yard line up 2. Foreman was running over people and Watson could get a few yards on the ground easy, getting that foot doesn't seem hard. You then kill a ton of clock, maybe end the game with a TD, and at the very least get a FG and give them only 30ish seconds to march down the field.
3) Did not blitz on the 3rd and 18 or the final TD play. Your strength is your front 7, your backs are trash, you can't give Brady time to throw down field...
4) Did not immediately call at timeout on the final Texans drive wasting roughly 9 seconds. You could have had one to two chances to throw to the sidelines and set up a long field goal try...

The Texans had no business being in that game to begin with, but they had no business losing it either. gently caress Bill O'Brien.

Yeah that lack of a timeout on the last drive was a real mystery. We always benefit from Facing The Patriots Derangement Syndrome and I love it to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Why you bringing KJU into this?

Kim Il-Sung thought and the juche ideal is objectively and politically correct and you've really showed your true colors with this racial slur. Looks like you'll make a great cop big fella!

• Locked thread