Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

I'm excited for this thread, it sounds like a blast! I'm more interested in doing some mixing myself, but I'll get us started with a couple of sets of stems.

These are from two different musical projects, just to give us a little variety. All the stems are labelled and completely dry, but for the electric guitars I also included versions run through an amp simulator. I'm not married to the distortion I used, but if you don't want to bother dialing something in I figured you could use mine.

Rosebush - Crowbar Vigilantes (indie rock, 130bpm)
Rosebush is a song I wrote with a friend four or five years ago. It's part of an album I've been chipping away at recording for almost as long, so I haven't yet sat down to do a full mix for this one and I'm excited to see what people might do with it. I included a (very) rough mix in there for reference as to how I imagine I'll eventually mix it.

Everybody Hates Greg - Soviet Fourth Grader (punk, 300bpm)
Everybody Hates Greg got released a few months ago in response to the "Montana congressman body slams a reporter" thing. It was a super-quick turnaround—I think from idea to release, it was 48 hours—so I didn't get to take as much time mixing as I normally would have. Given that, I'm mostly happy with the way it turned out but I'm sure there's room for improvement. I included both the final mix and the final master in with this one so you can hear how it was released if you want a reference.

CaptainViolence fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Sep 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

I put sebmojo's track into a project, but his style of music is so far out of my wheelhouse that I've been pretty lost. I'm excited for more stems to roll in, though!

• Locked thread